Safari Blue Boating Tour Zanzibar
Departing from the beautiful beach of Fumba on the southwest coast of Zanzibar, The Ocean Safari is a wonderful experience of boating aboard a local dhow and where snorkelling in the azure waters will be a highlight of the trip.
The day kicks off with dolphin spotting from the dhow in the Fumba waters on the Zanzibar channel between the island of Zanzibar and the mainland, and where the sea is almost always calm. This is a great opportunity to admire these playful mammals in the tranquil Indian Ocean.
On the next stop of the safari, we suggest you leave your shoes, cell phones, iPods and all that modern day stuff on the boat so you can sink your feet into the fine sand on this “white sandbank”. Snorkelling here is stunningly beautiful as this area is part of the Menai conservation and largely untouched. Our friendly crew will hand you your snorkelling gear and guide you to the best-kept underwater treasures, to see all the colourful fish and on some occasions, even turtles.
If you choose to, just relax on the white sandbank and enjoy refreshments that will be served throughout the tour. From the sandbank, you will then be taken for a swim in a natural pool sitting between old coral rocks, mangrove trees, and NO crocodiles!
For the last part of the safari, the tour will head to the shores of Kwale Island for a seafood buffet lunch that serves scrumptious rock lobster, prawns, calamari, octopus, two types of local fish, delicious coconut sauce, coconut rice, and locally fried flatbread called chapatti. Dessert consists of almost ten different types of exotic fruits and Zanzibar coffee.
After lunch, you can soak in the sun and relax before the trip back to Fumba.
- Enter the mangrove lagoon by dhow through one of the two narrow entrances and find a natural swimming pool that changes with the tide
- Watch for humpback and bottle-nose dolphins at Menai Bay
- Enjoy a delicious seafood buffet at Kwale Island
- Explore and climb an ancient baobab tree, walk along the beach, view coral formations and discover hermit crabs scurrying about
- Relax on pristine sandbanks
- Enjoy snorkelling in beautiful waters
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Italian
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, French
- Pick-up servicePick-up drop off from your hotel in Stone Town
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Flying doctor service
- Life jacket
- Gastronomic fruit tasting, coffee
- A delicious Zanzibari seafood lunch with grilled fish and slipper lobster
- Ice cold sodas, mineral water and beer
- Top quality snorkelling equipment
- Profession English speaking tour guide
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- All entrance fees
- First aid
- Tips Gratuities
- There are no crocodiles
- This amazing adventure is available every day
- Instruction is available for beginners
- Maximum sun protection is necessary
- Bring wet shoes, swimming costume and towels
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.