Kikuletwa Hotsprings and Visit a Real Maasai Village
Rundugai Village is the Gateway to Kikuletwa Hot Springs and Authentic Maasai Villages. Enjoy Kikuletwa Hot Springs, swimming and a delicious local lunch.
Rundugai Village is the perfect place to explore for travellers to Tanzania looking for authentic adventures. Located between Moshi and Arusha makes it the perfect gateway to explore the off beaten roads leading to the mesmerizing paradise of Kikuletwa Hot Springs. While you are there a visit to a real Maasai Village is a must. Those not limited with time may also choose to stay overnight with a local lady and spend some time with the locals in a remote Rundugai Village and to learn about daily life in rural Tanzania.
Rundugai Village is located 40 kilometres from Moshi Town and about 25 kilometres from Kilimanjaro Airport. If you are close to Boma Town, only 10 kilometres of off-road drive separates you from a memorable experience in Tanzania.
Kikuletwa Hot Springs, also called Chemka Maji Moto among locals is probably the most exciting place to swim in Tanzania. Kikuletwa Hot springs are surrounded by amazing roots of fig trees and it looks like a hidden paradise. It is never crowded by people, and the chances are, you will have the natural pool just for yourself! Although called Hot Spring, the water in Kikuletwa is not hot, but rather refreshing since the water comes from Kilimanjaro mountain.
Having a swimsuit is a must! A swimming tour in Kikuletwa hot springs will not leave you hungry because after the fun we go and have a cooked local lunch in Rundugai village prepared by local ladies.
- You will see crystal clear water bubbling from underground caves, giving the impression that it is boiling, hence the name
- When you reach Kikuletwa it will appear as an oasis surrounded by sprawling fig trees, in the middle of this semi arid landscape.
- This vast area, which used to be a hunting ground for Europeans during the 1800s, is home to members of many different tribes, peacefully co-existing as neighbors.
- Rundugai Village is the perfect place to explore for travelers to Tanzania looking for authentic adventures
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Duration: 1 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick-up and drop-off in Moshi Town and the cost is included in the price we give you
- Disability ServicesYes! activity is wheelchair accessible and we can cater for people with disabilities, facilities are available to the individual using our services.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Entry tickets:
- Transfer to / from the hot spring from Moshi town;
- Lunch prepared by Maasai or Rundugai village ladies
- Soft drinks and water
- Hygienic items.
- Tips Gratuities
- Alcoholic beverages
- Chemka oasis is a unique phenomenon – it is the only place in Tanzania (and most likely in the whole of East Africa), where the groundwater actively interacts with geothermal sources, forming a number of small lakes with warm, never-stagnating water.
- Maji Moto, known locally as Kikuletwa Hotsprings, is paradisiac oasis amidst the Tanzanian savannah. Offering captivating, Bounty-styled views, crystal-clear water and dense vegetation abound.
- Located 2-hours drive from Moshi (Tanzania) – the main climbing hub of the region – Chemka Hot Springs is the best place to visit after a Kilimanjaro hike or a safari adventure