Affordable Lake Chala Day Group Tour
Lake Chala, also known as Dschalla, is a crater lake in a caldera on the borders of Kenya and Tanzania on the eastern edge of Mount Kilimanjaro, 8km north of Taveta and 55 km from the town of Moshi.
Depending on the time of year, it ranges in colour from deep blue to turquoise and green and is surrounded by a 100 meters high crater rim. The lake is fed by groundwater flows, which come from Mount Kilimanjaro, fed and drained underground with a rate of about 10 million m³ / year. Even the Chalk loses volume. Its level had dropped in the last 6 years, by 2.4 meters, at the start of 2011 the water level has risen again by over 1 meter.
We will pick you up at your hotel in the Morning and drive to Lake Chala Area, After getting all required permits, we will start walking around the Lake where you will have an opportunity to swim in the lake and also to do kayaking.
In the Afternoon you will have lunch and drinks. You can then continue swim, kayak or walk around.
In the evening we will take you to your hotel in Moshi.
- Relax and Unwind From the Busy City Life in Crater Lake of Chala
- See the fabulous views of the surrounding landscape
- Leisurely walk around the Lake
- Enjoy water activities including Kayaking sand Swimming
- Professional and entertaining Tour Guides
- Pick-Up and Drop-Off Service provided
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick you from your Hotel to Lake Chala then return you to your Hotel in the Evening
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- 1,5l bottle of water
- Driver guide
- Village fees
- Park fees
- Transport to and from your hotel to lake chala
- Kayaking / Canoeing
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Gratuities /
- Personal items
- Drinks not stated in Inclusions
- Meals and snacks not stated in Inclusions
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking
- Bring a swimming costume for water activities at Lake Chala
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1