Tanzania Classic Safari Adventure
The Northern National Parks is a true African bush experience and one of Tanzania's main attractions.
Here you will witness the great Serengeti migration when millions of wildebeest, gazelles and Zebra roam the plain in search of food. The entire Tanzania ecosystem is on display here birds, reptiles, mammals and the might savanna acacia trees.
The parks stretch across a varied landscape, from wooded hills in the North to the southern grassy plains.
- Hunt with the datoga people
- learning the hadzabes ways of life
- Unlimited safari game driving at Northern National Parks
- Witness the wildebeest Migration in Serengeti
- Budget camping under the African stars
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 6 days
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Not recommended for children under the age of 14
- Pick-up servicePick up at Kilimanjaro Int. Airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Transport based on excellent 4X4 Vehicle (Landcruiser) with open roof for game viewing
- Ground transportation with an English-speaking driver/guide or naturalist guide
- Game drives or sightseeing as detailed on the itinerary - where indicated
- Chef to cook your meals while on safari - ( Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner )
- Pick up from airport of arrival and drop off to the airport of departure
- All camping equipment, Tents, Sleeping Bags, Cutlery, pillows etc
- Park or reserve entry fees - where applicable
- Bottled Water at all times while on safari
- 2x binoculars for easy game viewing
- Local tourist taxes
- Airport customs entry visas (currently US$ 50 per person)
- Tips and gratuities, which are optional
- International flights
Upon arrival in Arusha, you will be picked up at the airport and taken to your hotel.
The rest of the day is free. Relax, take a stroll, enjoy the sights and sounds. Get plenty of rest – tomorrow will be huge!
The day starts with a hearty breakfast, afterwards, your tour guide will do a briefing of the daily activities, and from there you will drive from Arusha and head to Manyara.
Lake Manyara park covers 330 sq. km, 70% of which is occupied by the lake. The varied ecosystem consists of groundwater forests, acacia woodland and open grassland along the lakeshore and sustains a wealth of wildlife, including the Big Five lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and buffalo.
The park is famous for the elusive tree-climbing lions that inhabit the woodland between the lake and the Rift Valley. It is also an ornithologists’ paradise and is host to over 400 species of birds.
The Serengeti is a home to a staggering 1.6 million animals have been recorded moving through the park.
We will do game drive until 1 pm when we break for lunch. After eating, there’s time for a little rest (perhaps a quick nap), then we’re back out on the plain looking for a more big game.
We follow the trail of the migrating wildebeest through the afternoon, then venture back to the lodge.
Your day will start with the charming of birds in the Africa savanna, when you are ready you will be served African breakfast. And after, you will start your full day game drive in the famous Serengeti and this day you will be witnesses to the 8th Wonder of the world – Wildebeest Migration.
The migration can be seen on a long chain approximately 40 Km heading to the southwestern direction. Around 1230 and 1300 break for your lunch. After lunch has a rest for one hr, then proceed with your game viewing following the move of the migrants on the southwest of the park.
Approx1.3 million wildebeest, 250,000 gazelles and 200,000 Zebras have been recorded sharing the short grass/ water which is the source of food for the millions of Animals in the Serengeti.
Another early start, but trust us: it’s worth it!
After breakfast we do a game drive en route heading back to Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a vast UNESCO World Heritage Site situated in a 260km-wide volcano crater. Archaeology buffs and anyone interested in history have the option to stop at Odulpai Gorge, where some of the earliest known human remains have been found. The site was occupied by our genetic ancestors some two million years ago, and continues to offer clues about the origin of homo sapien.
From there we descend to the crater floor in search of more big game. In the afternoon we will eat our packed lunch on the crater floor, at one of several picnic sites near Lerai Forest or Hippo Pool. If we’re lucky, we’ll spot the rare Black Rhinoceros.
In the late afternoon we venture back up out of the crater and head onward to Arusha.
It's the final day in Tanzania so be sure to grab any last minute souvenirs you may want and say one last goodbye to the new friends you made in Tanzania before being transferred to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your flight back home.
- Your nights will be spent under the stars in a igloo type tents, 2 people per tent
- Cultural destinations and unspoiled wilderness give the first time visitor a true true taste of Africa Adventure
- A combination of game-driving safaris through national parks