Serengeti Great Migration 10 Day Safari
The itinerary has been set up to maximize our time in the field creating images under the best circumstances possible.
A long lens is not necessary, the Nikon’s 80-400mm is the lens used most often by our experts. On a crop camera body this lens is also good for birds in Africa. Many participants absolutely love the Sigma 150-600mm while on safari.
All of our guides are hand-picked. For our head guide, we have the great honour of working with one of the top, most respected and sought-after guides in all of Tanzania.
The photos ops are in abundance from the air on our short flights to and from Northern Serengeti and the many daily game drives in Northern and Central Serengeti.
- The Guides: All our guides are hand-picked and for our head guide, we have the great honor of working with one of the top, most respected and sought-after guides in all of Tanzania
- All our guides are Tanzanian native, having experience with the nature and wildlife of Tanzania, and are a virtual encyclopedia of all things Africa
- Each of our guides has a great deal of knowledge and a deep connection and understanding of these animals, their locations, and their habits and behaviors on an intimate level.
- They also and understands and respects the special needs of photographers.
- THE LODGES After visiting many different lodges and locations, we have hand-picked these particular lodges based on their proximity to our shooting locations, comfort level, security, services offered, cleanliness, as well as the various types and frequen
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French
- Duration: 10 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- On Request
- Pick-up serviceAirport transfers to lodge and back to airport on you last day
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Double occupancy lodging (single available, just ask)
- Soft drinks during game drive
- Private row in safari vehicle for best photo opportunities
- All game viewing activities specified
- All airport transfers
- All national park fees
- Professional safari and tour guide / driver
- Private 4 wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration safaris
- Anything not listed specifically as included
- Tips for guides and camp staff.
- Travel and trip cancellation insurance (recommended)
- Travel medical and evacuation insurance (required).
- Passport and visa fees, if any.
- Travel to and from home to Kilimanjaro Airport (KIA) in Tanzania.
Arrive on evening flights into Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), where you will be met by our Safari Leader and transferred to Hotel in Arusha.
Following an early breakfast, we will transfer to Arusha airport for flight Kogatende to camp in the Northern Serengeti. Our flight will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, and will be a great way to see Tanzania from the air.There are often stunning views during this flight over the farm-dotted highlands and valleys below.
Upon landing in the Serengeti, we will be greeted by our local guides and begin our safari adventure, as we journey to our camp for lunch and ready ourselves for our first afternoon safari.
We will continue to explore the northern areas of the Serengeti, from the Mara River to the rolling hills of the northern plains. We will focus on photographing the game that is unique to this area.
If luck is on our side, we will also have a chance to capture a river crossing, as the wildebeest and zebra return to Tanzania from Kenya.
We will be out most of these days for full days and will have wonderful picnic lunches with us to further enjoy our surroundings.
Returning in the late afternoons with plenty of time for charging batteries, image downloading, and image review in our dedicated camera tech tent.
Your days will be filled with excitement and photographic opportunities. • Main destination: Northern Serengeti
Today we say goodbye to the north and head for our second home on this safari.
Located in the very central of the Serengeti, you will experience firsthand the vastness of the ‘endless plains’.
The word “Serengeti” derives from the Maasai “Siringet” and has been artistically translated as “the land that flows on forever” or, as many call it, the endless plains.
Serengeti National Park covers thousands of miles of pristine land and offers not only expansive vistas but the largest migration of mammals on earth, including 1.5 million wildebeest. We will schedule our arrival just in time for lunch, settle in a bit, and get ready for our first safari in the plains of the Serengeti.
Our private camp, complete with a camera tech tent, has been perfectly positioned in the Serengeti to allow us to move as we need to, taking advantage of our new surroundings and wildlife.
During this time, we will cover as much of the Central Serengeti as we can.
Big herds and big cats that is what has made the Serengeti famous worldwide. Lion, leopard, and cheetah, will be our focus while in this very productive area.
Again, you can expect to be up early and returning to camp in the evening, or as conditions warrant. Our long days will be rewarded with incredible photographic opportunities.
Enjoy your last views of the Serengeti before flying to Arusha, where you will catch your departing flight.
Before your international flight, there will be an opportunity to stop at the Cultural Heritage Center for some shopping before getting to Kilimanjaro International Airport, followed by a wonderful lunch.
We will also visit the adjoining Shanga workshop, where physically challenged artisans create remarkable jewelry, learn glass-blowing, and sell their work.
Prior to transport to the Airport, a day room will be provided for you to freshen up, repack, and ready yourself for your journey homeward.
- Wear comfortable, muted coloured clothing during the game drives
- The itinerary has been setup to maximize our time in the field creating images under the best circumstances possible
- Our Safari is specifically created to put you in the best locations at the best times of the day.
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.