Prison Island Half Day Tour from Stone Town
Back in the 1850's, Prison Island was used by a slave merchant as a stopover before taking slaves into Stone Town for sale. In the late 19th century, the Sultan decided to build a jailhouse on the island, hence the name Prison Island.
The prison was never used and later on, the island served as a place for quarantine.
A hotel has been developed on the island, but the biggest attraction remains the giant tortoises that were brought from the Seychelles in early 1900.
A half hour trip by boat from Stone Town and a tour that takes you to see these reptiles and the ruins of the prison is an ideal getaway from the bustling Stone Town. You can also enjoy beautiful snorkelling out there.
- Knowledgeable and professional tour guide
- Mineral water during tour
- Private & AC vehicle transportation
- All entrance fees
- Boat riding return
- Explore the ruins of the Prison
- See the wonderful giant Tortoises
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, French, Italian
- Pick-up serviceYou will be picked up by our professional guide in the private and AC vehicle from the hotel in Stone Town and return back to the hotel after tour.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Life jackets
- Motorized Zanzibar boat return
- First Aid
- Private and A/C car
- Flying doctor service
- Professional Guide
- All entrance fees
- Bottle of mineral water during the Tour
- Soft drinks
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Gratuities / Tips
- Bring your maximum sun protection
- Wear Sun Glasses
- Do not forget your swimsuit and towel
- Wet Shoes are most important to bring