Mount Meru Trek 5 Days
Mt Meru is a beautiful mountain to hike, the four days hike to the summit of Mount Meru through Verdant Afro-montane forest into high attitude alpine desert with stunning views of the dormant volcano.
There is a possible sighting of wildlife on foot, Afro-montane forest, less busy than Kilimanjaro, excellent bird life and Mount Meru is one of the most underrated hikes in East Africa.
- Descend an awesome 2000 metres on the same day, very similar to your Kilimanjaro summit day.
- You start your summit attempt around midnight and reach the peak around sunrise.
- You climb through different vegetation zones over several days
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick-up at Kilimanjaro Int. Airport
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Certified experienced English speaking mountain guide.
- Transfer from the hotel to the national park gate and back
- Transfer from Arusha to Kilimanjaro international airport and return.
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Allowances and salary for Porter, Guide and Cooks
- Special dietary requirements are catered for no extra cost
- Tips for guides chef and porter
- Personal Mountain equipment example warm clothes,shoes etc
- International flight
On arrival you will personally met by one of our representative and transferred to Outpost lodge, in the evening there will be full briefing with the mountain guide that will be trekking with you.
We drive from Arusha to Momela-Gate. After a short registration at the Gate our walk will begin with full armed ranger escorting us, simply we can see along the way the wild animals including elephants, zebras, and giraffe, monkeys, antelope and often elephants along the route. Dinner and overnight night at Miriakamba Hut.
The walk from Miriakamba-Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb. The walk will take us slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone. After hot lunch at Saddle Hut we can make a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset.
We start early at around 1:30 a.m. to climb steeply to Rhino Point (3,800 m.) and on to Cobra Point (4350m). We reach the summit (4,566 m) on time for sunrise there is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds.
The final part of the climb is along a spectacular narrow ridgeline between the sheer inner cliffs and the sloping outer wall of the crater.
We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to the Meriakamba Hut.
We take a short and fast descent way through open grassland and mixed forest, with a possibility of seeing wildlife before reaching Momella Gate in the late morning.
The returning transfer will be waiting at Momella Gate to pick you to your hotel in Arusha. Dinner and Overnight Outpost Lodge
- You should bring with you, Yellow fever certificate as this is required at custom port of entry
- Upon confirmation for the Meru trek, we will send you a list of the required gear you should bring with you