Bush to Beach 12 Days Safari Adventure
A combination of Zanzibar Beach Holiday and game-driving safaris through national parks, cultural destinations and unspoiled wilderness give the first time visitor a true "Taste of the North."
Your nights will be spent under the stars in a mix of lodges, permanent camps, and tented camping.
Wake up in your own private camp in the heart of the Ngorongoro plains to the soft sound of Maasai cowbells as a new day begins over The Great Rift Valley.
Top it all off with the Zanzibar beach-extension; 5 days of pure beach relaxation in luxurious accommodation.
This is a trip to Africa that truly has it all.
- Join the Maasai people in a traditional song & dance
- Ngorongoro the world’s largest intact volcanic caldera and a natural sanctuary
- Cultural destinations and unspoiled wilderness
- Witness the 8th Wonder of the world – Wildebeest Migration
- Game-driving safaris through Northern National parks
- 5 days of pure beach relaxation in luxurious accommodation
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Spanish
- Duration: 12 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick from the Airport of Arrival
- Disability ServicesThis tour is wheel chair accessible
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Transport based on excellent 4X4 Vehicle (Landcruiser) with open roof for game viewing
- Pick up from airport of arrival and drop off to the airport of departure while on safari
- Ground transportation with an English-speaking driver/guide or naturalist guide
- All meals at hotels as mentioned in the itinerary – ( Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner )
- Game drives or sightseeing as detailed on the itinerary - where indicated
- Local flight during the trip – Arusha – Zanzibar
- Park or reserve entry fees - where applicable
- Bottled Water at all times while on safari
- Binoculars for game drive viewing
- Local tourist taxes
- Included Services
- Any tour mentioned as (Optional Tour) e.g. Maasai Cultural visit, Oldupai Visit
- Airport customs entry visas (currently US$ 50 per person)
- Tips and gratuities, which are optional
- International flights
Once picked up from the airport, the day starts with a hearty breakfast and briefing from your tour guide, afterwards, we will drive from Arusha and head to Lake Manyara.
The park covers 330 sq. km, 70% of which is occupied by the lake. The varied ecosystem consists of ground water forests, acacia woodland and open grassland along the lakeshore and sustains a wealth of wildlife, including the Big Five lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and buffalo.
The park is famous for the elusive tree-climbing lions that inhabit the woodland between the lake and the Rift Valley. It is also an ornithologists’ paradise and is host to over 400 species of birds.
The Serengeti is a home to a staggering 1.6 million animals have been recorded moving through the park. We will do game drive until 1pm, when we break for lunch.
After eating, there’s time for a little rest (perhaps a quick nap), then we’re back out on the plain looking for more big game. We follow the trail of the migrating wildebeest through the afternoon, then venture back to the lodge
Your day will start with the charming of birds in the Africa savanna, when you are ready, you will be served African breakfast.
And after, you will start your full day game drive in the famous Serengeti and this day you will be witness to the 8th Wonder of the world – Wildebeest Migration. The migration can be seen on a long chain approximately 40 Km heading to the south western direction.
Around 1230 and 1300 break for your lunch.
After lunch have a rest for one hr, then proceed with your game viewing following the move of the migrants on the southwest of the park. Approx1.3 million wildebeest, 250,000 gazelles and 200,000 Zebras have been recorded sharing the short grass/ water which is the source of food for the millions of Animals in the Serengeti.
Another early start, but trust us: it’s worth it,
After breakfast we do game drive en route heading back to Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a vast UNESCO World Heritage Site situated in a 260km-wide volcano crater.
Archaeology buffs and anyone interested in history have the (Optional Tour) to stop at Odulpai Gorge, where some of the earliest known human remains have been found. The site was occupied by our genetic ancestors some two million years ago, and continues to offer clues about the origin of homo sapien.
There is (Optional Tour) to pass by the Maasai Boma for a taste of real African culture and traditional living.
After lunch, we keep exploring the Ngorongoro crater, venturing right up to the rim.
Today it will be another early start, after breakfast we will continue with the game drive at Ngorongoro and There is (Optional Tour) to detour through a traditional Maasai village, watch some traditional dancing, and see what life is really like on the African plains.
From there we descend to the crater floor in search of more big game.
In the afternoon we will eat our packed lunch on the crater floor, at one of several picnic sites near Lerai Forest or Hippo Pool. If we’re lucky, we’ll spot the rare Black Rhinoceros.
In the late afternoon we venture back up out of the crater and head onward to the lodge.
We save the best for last.
After breakfast, we embark on our final game drive through Tarangire.
Tarangire National Park. Tarangire is famous for African elephants – the world’s biggest mammals – are very common in this area. The park is also dotted with the iconic Baobab, shrub-like trees that can grow up to 30m tall.
After full day of exploring Tarangire, we will start our drive back to Arusha to catch a flight to Zanzibar.
When in Zanzibar there is a lot of activities you can do in Stone town for full day Spice and prison Island tour.
The full day tour will take you to the most scenic parts of the Old Town. This culturally rich town got it’s name from the use of coral stone as the main construction ingredient. Being the oldest town in East Africa, the historical roots and influences can be felt at every turn of the tour.
Starting from the House of Wonders which is one of the prominent landmarks of Stone Town, you can proceed on to the Palace Museum which was a Sultan’s residence. The Arab Fort, the Dr Livingstone House, Fred Mercury’s home and the pub and Hamamni Persian baths are just a few of the many attractions in this relic of a town.
It's the final day in Zanzibar and East Africa so be sure to grab any last minute souvenirs you may want and say one last goodbye to the tranquil blue waters before being transferred to Zanzibar International Airport for your flight back home. Kwa heri ya kuonana - (Good bye and see you again).
- Consult your doctor about malaria pills etc Coastal regions are prone to Malaria because of mosquitoes
- You need yellow fever ceritificate before entering Tanzania, but this also depends with which country you are coming from