A Thrilling Day Safari to Ngorongoro Crater from Arusha
Ngorongoro Crater is a deep, volcanic crater and the largest unbroken caldera in the world.About 20 kilometres (12 miles) across, 600 meters (1,969 feet) deep and 300 square kilometres (186 square miles) in area, the Ngorongoro Crater is a breathtaking natural wonder.
Within the crater rim, large herds of zebra and wildebeest graze nearby while sleeping lions laze in the sun. At dawn, the endangered black rhino returns to the thick cover of the crater forests after grazing on dew-laden grass in the morning mist.
Just outside the crater's ridge, tall Maasai herd their cattle and goats over green pastures living alongside the wildlife as they have for centuries.
This safari starts with pick up at Arusha, either from your hotel or airport. Depart to Ngorongoro Conservation area (3-4 hrs approx.) for game drive with picnic lunch.
Late afternoon, transfer back to Arusha for departure, depending on your next destination.
- A 4WD vehicle with pop up roof, fridge, binoculars, guide books, destination maps, during safari
- 2 ways airport transfers is included in the price
- Unlimited bottled Mineral water during safari
- Assistance of professional drive - guide upon arrival
- Transfer from Arusha and depart for game drive in Ngorongoro conservation Area
- Park entrance fees are also included in the cost.
- The price listed is inclusive of current statutory taxes
- Short safari briefing upon arrival
- Picnic Lunch will be served
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 6 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Live GuideEnglish, French, Italian
- Pick-up servicePickup at Arusha and depart to Ngorongoro Conservation area
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- 1 litre of water per person per day in the vehicle
- Park entrance fees, safari briefing
- Game drives and transfers with English speaking Driver-guide in private 4X4 Land cruiser
- Tips & gratuities
- International Airfares
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone, postage
- Visas (currently US$ 50 per person, American citizens $ 100 per person)
- Bring Trousers, maximum sunglasses
- The best season to do safari is September, October, November, December, January, February, June, July, and August
- Optional: Maasai village visit – USD 45 per vehicle
- Children must pay 50% of the cost of the Adult
- Flight from Zanzibar or Dar es Saaam is an extra cost and available on request