5 Day Tanzanian Scenic Safari
Huge herds of Elephants and giant baobab trees in the Tarangire, explore the Ngorongoro Crater is one of Africa’s most famous sites and is said to have the highest density of wildlife in Africa, look for the big five, elephants, buffalo, rhino, lion and cheetah.
Visit Lake Manyara National Park a bird lovers paradise, the tree climbing lions, troupes of baboons. Comfortable accommodation in lodges or permanent tented camps all with en-suite facilities. Our expert driver/guides will ensure you have the best there is to offer.
- Visit a maasai village or boma and learn their traditional ways of life.
- Ngorongoro Crater, a Unesco world heritage site, is said to have the highest density of wildlife in Africa
- Largest Herds of Elephants and century old baobab trees in the Tarangire
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children under 6 are not recommended on this tour
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking
- Pick-up servicePick up will be from all central Arusha Hotels starting at 08.00 hours.
- Easy CancellationAccommodation cancelled 45 days prior to starting date 25% will be charged. Accommodation cancelled 14 to 45 days prior to starting tour date will be charged 50% cancellation fees. Accommodation cancelled within 14 days will attract a 100% cancellation fees.
- Instant Confirmation
- A Cultural tour and local lunch
- Bottled drinking water
- Ngorongoro Crater service fees
- All National Park entry fees
- All meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner through out on safari
- Mid-range accommodation in permanent tented camps or lodges
- Services of an expert english speaking driver/guide
- Transportation in a 4x4 safari cruiser through out on safari
- Tips to hotel/lodge staff
- Items of personal nature such as laundry, drinks, etc
- Accommodation in Arusha City
Morning you will drive our of Arusha City and on to Tarangire National Park arriving in time for lunch at your base camp. In the afternoon you will depart for a game viewing drive in the Park.
Tarangire National Park has some of the highest population density of elephants as compared to anywhere in Tanzania, and its sparse vegetation, strewn with baobab and acacia trees, makes it a beautiful and distinctive location to visit.
Late afternoon drive back to your base camp or lodge for dinner and overnight.
A full day game viewing at the Tarangire national park, visiting the Silalei Swamp and Tarangire River is the centrepiece of this park, which is famous for some of the most massive herds of elephants in Africa.
The Silale swamp acts as a giant sponge during the green season and slowly releases water during the dry season attracting thousands of animals. In the dry season, large numbers of animals congregate along the fertile river and merely make the Tarangire River, and the swamp serves as a place of refuge for the largest elephant population in northern Tanzania.
Here you may see lion, leopard, cheetah, Greater and lesser kudu, buffalo, Oryx, eland, giraffe and zebra. In addition to the animal species, the park is famous for its century-old baobab trees and over 300 species of birds. Dinner and Overnight at a Lodge or Tented Camp
After breakfast you will visit a local Maasai village, the Maasai tribe is one of the few tribes that still embrace and are proud of their tradition, after that continue short drive to Mto Wa Mbu village for a cultural tour including a visit to the banana rice plantations.
You will have lunch with a local family and sample delicious African food.
Afternoon drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Dinner and overnight at a Lodge or Tented Camp.
An early start and you will Collect breakfast and lunch boxes, at around 05:45 and descend into the crater for an in-depth exploration of this unique eco-system.
Enjoy abundant wildlife viewing set against the impressive backdrop of the Ngorongoro Crater, the heart of the conservation area. These drives provide one of the best opportunities in Africa to view black rhino, which tends to spend their time on the crater floor.
Ngorongoro Crater is one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles; its magical setting and abundant wildlife never fail to enthral visitors. Inner and overnight at a Lodge.
After a leisurely breakfast you will drive back to Arusha arriving by mid-day
- Enough clothes to get you by for 4 or 5 days. (Laundry services are available at the lodges and camps, usually for a small fee.) Try to stick to the lighter colored,
- There are very few 'bathrooms' while out on safari. So you will need to try and plan ahead for any bathroom breaks, as you might need to wait a while until we are in a safe area to do so. This will usually means swatting behind the vehicle or bush. When nature calls please inform the drive that you need to use the
- You are allowed one suitcase, a camera bag and a small computer bag. Try and keep your one suitcase as small as possible, 16
- This tour operates through out the year except for the months of April to June we do not include Tarangire National Park due to the long rains, instead we include a tour to the Southern Serengeti and Ndutu Forest.
- Please ask your driver/guide before taking photos of the local people
- When buying souvenirs its worth bargaining on the price of an item