Sigiriya Rock and Minneriya from Kandy
Rising from the central plains, the iconic rocky outcrop of Sigiriya is perhaps Sri Lanka's single most dramatic sight. Near-vertical walls soar to a flat-topped summit that contains the ruins of an ancient civilization, thought to be once the epicentre of the short-lived kingdom of Kassapa, and there are spellbinding vistas across mist-wrapped forests in the early morning. Sigiriya refuses to reveal its secrets easily, and you'll have to climb a series of vertiginous staircases attached to sheer walls to reach the top.
On the way, you'll pass a series of quite remarkable frescoes and a pair of colossal lion's paws carved into the bedrock. The surrounding landscape – lily-pad-covered moats, water gardens and quiet shrines – and the excellent site museum, only add to Sigiriya's rock-star appeal. Thereafter proceed to Hiriwaduna to experience a village tour. (20 to 30 mins)Village tour includes bullock cart ride, catamaran safari and experience in a Chena cultivation.after an amazing a time you will enjoy a traditional village lunch at a local home. Bullock Cart (Double Ox Cart, a traditional way of transport) which will transport you through the next phase of the adventure. The journey continues through the archetypal Sri Lankan Typical village.
The journey begins with an awesome cart ride through paddy fields to a bund of a manmade reservoir. The reservoir itself, the surrounding scrub jungle, marshland and village are a hive of early morning or evening activity. The amazing birdlife, butterflies and possible sightings of crocodile only add to the charm of seeing the villagers as they go about their early morning tasks of fishing, or washing clothes at the periphery of the lake. Thereafter you will go on a catamaran safari On arrival to the bund you will meet catamaran rider, he will take you on a lovely safari through the scenic reservoir and wade through to a Chena cultivation.
- Meet elephants herds in the wild at Minneriya / Kaudulla National Park
- Enjoy a traditional Sri Lankan village lunch
- Do a tour of a village in Sri Lanka and get up close with the traditional way of life
- Visit the 8th Wonder of the World
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 to 12 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from the your hotel in Colombo or Kandy.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All taxes and service charges
- Jeep cost for safari tour by jeep at Minneriya/Kaudulla National Park
- Transport throughout by standard air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel Pickup & Drop-off to and from any hotel in Kandy
- Expenses of Personal Nature
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food or Drinks
- Minneriya National Park Entrance Fees
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress Entrance Fees
- We recommend you wear suitable clothing for this tour. In the summer months, please bring with you hats, sunscreen and sunglasses as we cannot provide these.