Hanthana Tea Plantation Cycling Tour
Your tour will start at 0830 hrs at the entrance of the E.L. Senanayake Children Park, located in Kandy. You will be joined by an experienced cycling guide who will explain the attractions during the tour.
Your cycling route will take you on a scenic journey through the mountains. You will be able to visit and explore the Ceylon Tea Museum which is located in Hanthana.
You will have to pay for your ticket as it isn't included in your tour package. The museum was founded in the abandoned Hantana Tea Factory built-in 1925. As a conjoined effort of the Sri Lanka tea Board and the Planters' Association of Ceylon to spread the knowledge on the history of Ceylon Tea; the museum has been quite successful.
You will be able to see two floors full of tea processing machinery and other relics used through the ages in Sri Lanka. The third floor has a library where you can read up on the history of Ceylon Tea. You can have a cup of hot fresh tea sold in the Tea Cafe.
After this, you will embark on your bikes down a trail that winds through the Hantana Tea Plantations. The trail will be of average difficulty and will mostly be a gravel trail with no proper road.
The entire trail will be approximately 30km and will take you four to five hours to traverse, including the time you spent at the museum In addition to this the trail will provide you with some wonderful views with bright green carpets of tea, distant purple mountains and much more.
You will end your bike tour and ride back to Kandy Lake Round through the off-road track in Heerassagala. Your cycling tour will be completed at approximately 1330 hrs.
- Be joined by an experienced cycling guide
- Visit and explore the Ceylon Tea Museum
- See two floors full of tea processing machinery and other relics used through the ages
- Read up on the history of Ceylon Tea with a fresh cup of hot tea
- Embark on your bikes down a trail that winds through the Hantana Tea Plantations
- Enjoy some wonderful views with bright green carpets of tea, distant purple mountains and much more
- Ride back to Kandy Lake Round through the off-road track in Heerassagala
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Kandy.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- 02 Chocolate Slabs.
- 1 Bottle of Water Per Person Per Day During Cycle Tour Portion.
- Well Experienced Cycling Guide(s) and His Fees.
- Mountain Bikes and Helmets.
- Expenses of Personal Nature
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food or Drinks not mentioned above.
- Entrance Fees (Hanthana Tea Museum).
- Hotel Pick & Drop.
- Please include your hotel/accommodation name and address when making your booking.