Sigiriya and Dambulla From Kandy
Rising from the central plains, the iconic rocky outcrop of Sigiriya is perhaps Sri Lanka's single most dramatic sight. Near-vertical walls soar to a flat-topped summit that contains the ruins of an ancient civilization, thought to be once the epicentre of the short-lived kingdom of Kassapa.
Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walk through the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, ' the Lion Rock'. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns.
Walk through the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past. Thereafter proceed to Dambulla and visit Cave Temple. Enter the historic caves of the Golden Temple of Dambulla, dating back to the 1st century BC.
View the ancient murals depicting the life story of Lord Gautama Buddha. Look at the hundreds of figurines of Buddha and other deities scattered throughout the five main caves. Visit the Cave of the Divine King, Cave of the Great King and the Great New Monastery. See the giant golden Buddha Statue just a little distance outside the cave complex. On completion return back to your hotel in Kandy.
- Witness Sri Lanka's single most dramatic sight!
- Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya
- Walk through the entrance framed by the paws of a lion
- View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame
- Enter the historic caves of the Golden Temple of Dambulla
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 to 12 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from the your hotel in Colombo or Kandy.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All Taxes
- English Speaking Chauffer Guide
- Private Transport in an Air Conditioned Car
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food or Drinks
- Entrance Fees
- Any expense of personal nature not mentioned above
- We recommend you wear suitable clothing for this tour. In the summer months, please bring with you hats, sunscreen and sunglasses as we cannot provide these.