Nuwara Eliya From Kandy By Train
You will be starting your tour at 0730 hrs from your hotel in Kandy, where you will be picked up by your chauffeur. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel. Your chauffeur will be taken you to the Kandy or Peradeniya railway station at approximately 0800 hrs which lies quite close (This will be selected subject to the train tickets availability).
Your train will be leaving in between 0830 – 0845 hrs. Your guide will be assisting you to get onto the train for your train journey. Your train journey takes you on a scenic ride through some of the most beautiful highland countryside areas in Sri Lanka. Watch the brilliant greens carpets of the tea plantations. See the picturesque villages with misty mountain backdrops pass by. Peer through drizzle and mist to look at the magical landscapes of Hill Country.
Enjoy the amazing sights of intimidating mountains, deep and dark woodlands, and magnificent waterfalls as they go by your windows. You will reach Nanuoya at 1215 hrs. Your guide will meet you at the Nanuoya station, which has been serving Nuwara Eliya for over a century. After you stretch your legs a little, your guide will chauffeur you to Nuwara Eliya. Enjoy the thrilling half hour drive up the winding road. Enjoy walking through the streets with their pretty little cottages, quaint villas and beautiful mansions.
Thereafter at approximately 1330 hrs, you will have lunch at a place of your choice (At your own expense). Afterwards, your guide will show you the most important sights, dependent on the time constraints. You will get to see Lake Gregory. You will also be going to the timeless old post office and can send a beautiful postcard home if you like, or even buy a few as souvenirs. Thereafter proceed back to Kandy by approximately 1500 hrs.
En-route visit the Ramboda Falls and Blue Field Tea Factory where you would see how the world’s famous “Ceylon Tea” is manufactured. In 1824 a tea plant was brought to Ceylon by the British from China and was planted in the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya for non-commercial purposes. James Taylor was a British citizen who introduced commercial tea plantation in Sri Lanka (Ceylon). He arrived in Sri Lanka in 1852 and settled down in Loolecondera estate in Kandy.
Today even people who have never heard of Sri Lanka are familiar with Ceylon tea, which is known for its quality. Later that evening leaves from the tea factory by approximately 1700 hrs and returns back to the hotel completing your excursion by 1930 hrs.
- Take a scenic ride through some of the most beautiful highland countryside areas in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy the amazing sights of intimidating mountains, deep and dark woodlands
- Walk through the streets with their pretty little cottages, quaint villas and beautiful mansions
- See how the world’s famous “Ceylon Tea” is manufactured
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 12 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from the your hotel/accommodation in Colombo or Kandy.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- Scenic Train Ride to Nanu Oya from Kandy (2nd class or 03rd class tickets / 1st class upgrade complimentary on availability).
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Food or Drinks.
- Entrance Fees (Gregory Lake).
- We recommend you wear suitable clothing for this tour. In the summer months, please bring with you hats, sunscreen and sunglasses as we cannot provide these.
- We ask all customers to ensure they bring along a packed breakfast if they have no time in the morning at their hotel.
- Train departure times are subject to ticket availability.