Kandy Sights Tour from Kandy
Your tour will be starting at 8:30 am when you get picked up from your hotel in Kandy. Your first stop will be the Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya. You will get there by 9:00 am. The gardens have a long history dating back to the British era. One of the most important roles that the gardens played was when it was used as the Allied Forces Headquarters for the Asian region during World War II. Now it’s a botanical garden with the thousands of plant species adding to its beauty. You will spend approximately three hours going around the vast gardens and increasing your botanical knowledge.
From the botanical gardens, you will be travelling on to visit the Sri Maha Bodhi Vihara in Bahiravakanda. This monastery placed on a hill is used as a meeting centre for National and International Buddhist Relations. The monastery boasts a giant Buddha statue that can be seen from all over Kandy. You will be able to climb up outside to reach a viewpoint that gives you the ultimate scenic views of Kandy. You can take some good photographs there. You will finish viewing it by 12:35 pm and move down into the city.
Once you get there you can have lunch at a place of your choice in the vicinity of Kandy. At 2:00 pm you will be visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Temple of the Tooth Relic. The temple has a burgeoning history spanning several centuries and is the home of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Buddha. It is placed in the former royal palace complex of the Kandyan kings. The beautiful buildings of the complex still show their royal roots in their architecture. After spending an hour sightseeing at the Temple of the Tooth, you will be going to see some technical presentations on the gem industry and wood crafting.
After attending both presentations you will be attending the Kandy Cultural Show at 5:00 pm. This famous show will give you the opportunity to watch various traditional Kandyan dances and acts, such as the Kandyan dance, the demon dance, the fire dance, and much more. Once the show is complete you will be returning to your hotel in Kandy at 6:00 pm, completing your tour.
- See the thousands of species of plants in The Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya
- Visit the Sri Maha Bodhi Vihara in Bahiravakanda
- Reach a viewpoint that gives you the ultimate scenic views of Kandy and take some photos
- Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic - A UNESCO world heritage site
- Observe some technical presentations on the gem industry and wood crafting
- Attend the Kandy Cultural show and watch traditional dances and acts
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 9 to 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from the your hotel/accommodation in Colombo or Kandy.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All Taxes
- Entrance Fees to the Temple of the Tooth Relic and Peradeniya Botanical Gardens
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Expenses of Personal
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food or Drinks
- We recommend you wear suitable clothing for this tour. In the summer months, please bring with you hats, sunscreen and sunglasses as we cannot provide these.