Highland Highlights from Kandy
Go into the chilly highlands of Sri Lanka and take in the spectacular mountain top views and majestic waterfalls. Sri Lanka is world renowned for its amazing tea. In fact, all of the country's tea comes from its highlands. The humidity, climate and cool atmosphere all play a part in giving Ceylon Tea its unique taste. You can witness this rich heritage by visiting tea estates, as well as working tea factories and get hands-on experience in the art of tea making.
Tea isn't the only thing grown in these areas, as the amazing climate allows some other beautiful flora to blossom here, as well. Visit the Hakgala Botanical Gardens and be mesmerized by the enchanting flowers of the region. You could also visit the serene Lake Gregory and calm your senses to the hypnotic lapping of water at its banks.
At 7am you'll proceed to Nuwara Eliya. On your way, visit Ramboda Falls for 30-minutes. Ramboda Falls, at 109m (357ft) high, is the 11th highest waterfall in Sri Lanka and one of the highest waterfalls in the world. It is situated in Pussellawa area, on the A5 highway at Ramboda Pass.
Visit Mackwoods Tea Estate Labookellie at approximately 9:45 am. Sri Lanka is one of the world's largest exporters of tea. Since the introduction of the plant to Sri Lanka in the mid-19th century, Nuwara Eliya has been the capital of the tea industry. For many miles prior to reaching Nuwara Eliya, from either direction, you will find acres and acres of tea plantations. There are many factories open for visitors which also have tea sales outlets.
Have a 1-hour break for lunch (not included) from 1 pm to 2 pm. Spend 2 leisurely hours at Hakgala Botanical Gardens. Lake Gregory is one of the most significant tourist attractions in Nuwara Eliya. You can casually enjoy some activities in the evening such as taking a long walk or even relaxing near the cool waters of the lakeside. Begin your journey back to Kandy at approximately 18:30.
- See the beauty at Hakgala Botanical Gardens
- Bask in marvelous of Ramboda Falls.
- Visit the picturesque hill country
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 11 to 12 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Kandy.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All taxes
- Transport with driver
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Expenses of Personal Nature
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food or Drinks
- We recommend you wear suitable clothing for this tour. In the summer months, please bring with you hats, sunscreen and sunglasses as we cannot provide these.