Private Tour: All about Horchata and Chufa in Valencia
L’Horta Nord of Valencia landscape is drawn by an incredible irrigation system inherited from the Arabs, centenary traditional farmhouses, and little gardens plenty of crops.
On this tour, you will discover this folkloric countryside and their native plantations, like the Tigernut. Tigernut is a small tuber and in Europe only grows in the north of Valencia city (Alboraya town), and it holds the Valencia Qualified Designation of Origin. The horchata is a natural, healthy, refreshing and nutritious drink made with the Tigernut, exclusive product of L’Horta of Valencia.
The Valencian people love it, and it is one of the most widely consumed drink, especially in the summertime. Would you like to know how Horchata is made from this small nugget? Get ready to learn all about it on this tour! We will pick you up from your accommodation to take you to Alboraya.
First, we will visit the Tigernut fields, and we will explain to you how it is sowed and cultivated. Then, we will visit an authentic Tigernut drying building, situated in a singular horchatería surrounded by the crops, that maintains its original structure and the different machinery for the horchata cultivation, over several generations. Now, it’s time for action!
We will carry out a Horchata Workshop, where you will learn to make homemade horchata yourself. Mmmm it’s delicious! To finish, we will invite you to a freshly handmade horchata with fartón (Valencian typical sweets), where you can enjoy the beauty of the surroundings. At the end of your tour, we will take you back to your accommodation.
- Tasty sample of the Valencian glazed pasty
- Beautiful rural plantations & farmhouses of l'Horta Nord
- Hands-on workshop to produce your own flavorful horchata
- Facts about this natural, nutritious & refreshing drink on a 2:30-hr. tour
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 3 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The group price is for 1 to 4 people.
- Pick-up serviceRound-trip from/to Valencia hotel (+5 km) – Alboraya town. Your previous confirmation is required for transfer service (at least 24 hr. in advance) by email or phone call. Pick up time 10:00 hr.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Transfer from Alboraya town to Valencia hotel.
- Horchata Workshop. Horchata and farton tasting.
- Expert visit guide to Alboraya garden: crops, farmhouses, drying building
- Transfer from Valencia hotel to Alboraya town
- Additional food/drinks.
- Gratuities (optional).
- You must wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Valencia hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please include your hotel name and address when making your booking.