San Lorenzo De El Escorial Private Tour: the Royal City
In this 4 hours tour, we will visit San Lorenzo de El Escorial and the Monastery of El Escorial, one of the most emblematic royal places in Madrid.
We will visit its wonderful basilica and we’ll also take a nice promenade around the Friar’s Gardens. Afterwards, we will visit San Lorenzo de El Escorial villa and the “Casita de Arriba” gardens.
In this four-hour tour, we will visit San Lorenzo de El Escorial and the Monastery of El Escorial, one of the most emblematic royal places in Madrid.
This monastery was built in the XVI century and it was conceived as a palace, a church, a library and a convent, as well as a place to bury the different Spanish kings. We will visit its wonderful basilica and we will also take a nice promenade in the Jardín de los Frailes (the Friar’s Garden).
Afterwards, we will have a relaxing walk around the San Lorenzo de El Escorial villa, as well as the different palaces and buildings that form the old town of the city.
Before coming back to Madrid, we will finish our visit with what is known as ‘Casita de Arriba’ gardens, a small Royal Palace that is, to this day, one of the royal family’s palaces.
- Explore San Lorenzo de El Escorial and the Monastery of El Escorial - one of the most emblematic royal places in Madrid
- Take a nice promenade in the Jardín de Los Frailes (the Friar’s Garden)
- Have a relaxing walk around the San Lorenzo de El Escorial villa
- Visit the ‘Casita de Arriba’ gardens - Still one of the royal family’s palaces
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel/apartment in Madrid.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee up to 48 hours before the tour starts. If you cancel less than 48 hours before the start of the tour or do not show up for the tour, there is a 100% cancellation fee.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private tour guide who will meet you at your hotel/apartment
- A welcome pack with a bottle of water, a city map
- A fruit juice or a snack
- Public transport tickets
- San Lorenzo del Escorial is located 45min. away from Madrid, this tours includes the return transport to Madrid by bus or train
- Personal expenses
- Monument entrance fees, in case you want to go inside to visit them
- If you wish to visit the inside of the Monastery, the tour will last an hour more and will have an extra charge of 50€ (for 1 person, each person over will cost 10€ extra)
- Please include your hotel/apartment name and address when making your booking.