2-Day St. Petersburg Premium Mini-group Tour
Day 1. Tour time: 7:30-18:30.
You will meet your guide at the port terminal, straight after the passport control stalls. Your first day will be dedicated to St. Petersburg downtown sights and museums. You will start with a general city sightseeing tour - driving from one beautiful spot of our city to the other, making stops for pictures and short walks.
Famous landmarks that you will cover include Vassilievsky Island and Rostral Columns, Egyptian Sphinx and University Embankments, the Admiralty, gala views of the Neva river, Palace Embankment and the Hermitage.
You will proceed to the tour of the first building ever in our city - Peter and Paul Fortress. Your tour will include an inside visit to the Cathedral, which serves as the burial vault of all the Romanov rulers.
The next inside visit planned is the world-renowned museum of mosaics - Church on Spilt Blood. Stunning from the outside, it is breathtakingly beautiful inside, where every inch is covered with mosaics.
The Hermitage visit is the most considerable and lengthy on this day, but it's just an overview of Russia's biggest and most famous museum. You will see the former official winter residence of the Russian tsars and main highlights of the West European Fine Arts collections.
Time to relax and refresh - a traditional Russian lunch served in one of the local restaurants will be a good introduction to the culinary traditions of our country.
Russian history is full of intrigues and mysteries. You will proceed with a visit to the Yusupov Palace. Besides the reception halls, parlours, ballrooms, theatre and picture gallery of the Yussupovs, that once were Russia's top wealthiest noble family, you will see the basement rooms where Rasputin was killed. You will learn the story of this dark figure standing by the throne of the last Russian tsar and follow the crime step by step.
St. Isaac's Cathedral visit is last but not least. The biggest church in our country was built to the glory of Russia and Russian Tsars. After some free time (possible: shopping or walking) you will return on board the ship.
Day 2. Tour time: 8:00-17:00
You will meet your guide at the port terminal and continue your tours.
The first tour on the itinerary today is a river and canal boat tour. You will see the Neva river and most famous downtown canals, view the architectural landmarks and monuments from the water.
After that, you will head outside the city to Peterhof. On the way, you will visit the most beautiful St. Petersburg metro (subway) stations. Peterhof's biggest attraction is fountain gardens. You will tour the Upper and Lower fountain gardens of the Russian Versailles.
After a Russian traditional meal, served in a nice local place, you will drive to the next most famous summer residence of the Russian Tsars - Tsarskoye Selo (the Tsars' Village) and tour the famous Catherine Palace, including a visit to the unique Amber room.
Return on board the ship in good time before the departure.
- Air-conditioned comfortable van of the necessary size
- Professional local tour guide fluent in English
- 3-course traditional Russian lunches on both days
- Peterhof fountain gardens tour
- Catherine Palace & Amber room tour
- Peter and Paul Fortress & Cathedral tour
- St. Isaac's Cathedral tour
- Yussoupov Palace and Rasputin murder tour
- Resurrection Cathedral (Church on Spilt Blood) tour
- Hermitage museum tour, including the Winter Palace, Small, Old and New Hermitage buildings
- River and canal boat tour (privately for the group - separate boat)
- Introductory city sightseeing tour
- Metro (Subway) Tour
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 2 days
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Besides privatetour.com voucher it is required to have Tour Tickets (provided by the supplier) together with your passports for the passport control in St. Petersburg.
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (for groups larger than 6 persons)
- Blanket visas (Tour Tickets) are provided by the supplier for your visa-free disembarkation in St. Petersburg, Russia
- You MUST provide passport details (full name, passport number, date of birth and citizenship) at the time of booking. This is necessary for your visa-free disembarkation in St. Petersburg.
- Photo-permits (where necessary) are included - 1 per person
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick up and drop off at the cruise ship on both days
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local English-speaking guide for the entire 2-day tour
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (for groups larger than 6 persons)
- All activities, including river and canal boat tour (privately for your group - separate boat), metro (subway) tour
- 3-course lunches on both days
- Bottled water
- Photo-permits (where necessary) - 1 per person
- Entrance fees to the museums listed in the itinerary
- Blanket visa (a.k.a. cruise passengers visa or visa waiver)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase during lunches)
7.00 a.m. - Cruise ship arrival in St. Petersburg. The group gathering time is 30 minutes after your ship docks. If your cruise arrives in St. Petersburg later than 7 a.m, notify us and we'll adjust the meeting time and tour itinerary accordingly.
7:30-8:00 - Gathering the group
8:00-9:30 - City sightseeing tour
9:30-10:30 - Tour of the Peter and Paul Fortress & Cathedral
10:45-11:15 - Tour of the Resurrection Cathedral (Church on Spilt Blood)
11:30-13:30 - Tour of the Hermitage museum (main museum complex, including the Winter Palace and West European Fine Arts collections)
14:00-15:00 - Russian traditional lunch
15:30-16:30 - Yussoupov Palace (main exposition + Rasputin murder tour)
17:00-17:30 - St. Isaac’s Cathedral Time for walking and/or shopping
18:30 - Return on board the ship
8:00 - Pick up from the Port terminal
8:00-10:30 - Continue the city tours, river and canal boat ride. Drive outside the city to Peterhof, metro (subway) tour on the way.
10:30-12:00 - Tour of the famous fountain gardens in Peterhof
12:30-13:30 - Traditional Russian lunch
14:00-15:30 - Tour of the Catherine Palace & Amber room Around
16:30-17:00 - Return on board the ship
- The tour is available throughout the Baltic cruise season: April 27 - October 17, 2018
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A great deal of walking is involved
- The tour is very active. Not recommended for participants with back problems heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Cruise passenger visas (tour tickets) will be provided separately from the tour voucher. Make sure you receive them and print them out. For your visa-free disembarkation in St. Petersburg you need: your valid passports and tour tickets printed out.
- Mandatory: Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all cruise ship passengers
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults