3 Hour Ria Formosa Sailing Trip From Faro
Enjoy the pleasure of sailing in a magnificent place. Visit the Ria Formosa salt marsh in the Algarve in Portugal, covering an area of about 18,400 hectares along 60 kilometres from the river Ancão to the beach of Manta Rota.
In 1978, it was established as a nature reserve and at the end of 1987, it became a natural park. Most of its area corresponds to the lagoon system of the Ria Formosa, composed of islands and sandy peninsulas arranged parallel to the coast, protecting a lagoon.
At the park, discover the natural habitat of several rare species such as the common cayman, the flamingo and the round-winged eagle.
Another inhabitant of the park, almost extinct in Europe, is the chameleon. Go deep inside this ecosystem, while enjoying the pleasure of sailing. If you like, the skipper will teach and mentor you on how to perform some of the sailing tasks, so you can feel like part of the crew.
Choose your itinerary, and if you would like to, stop at some of the barrier islands.
- Learn to sail or practice your sailing skills
- Relax while surrounded by thousands of birds of different species
- Sail in one of the most beautiful natural parks in the world
- Enjoy a racing sailboat with an experienced racing skipper
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All the security equipment
- All the mandatory insurance and taxes
- Sailing with crew
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- We suggest you bring along your own snacks and drinks with you.
- Please apply sunscreen generously throughout the day.
- There are no toilets onboard so we suggest customers go the bathroom before the departure date.