Jordan 8 Day Book & Cook Guided Tour
Are you passionate about cooking? Would you like to learn all about Jordan’s traditional meals and explore the highlights of Jordan as well? Then this holiday is made for you!
In this program, you learn how to cook Jordanian food, alongside local people and experience the local culture. Cook the famous dishes maqluba, Zarb and mansaf.
See how the local Tabounb read is made, in ovens hundreds of years old. Experience; see, smell and taste Jordan!
- Mt. Nebo
- Ghor Al Mazra’a/ Ajlun
- Wadi Rum
- Dead Sea
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available on the following dates: 3 - 10 February 2019, 24 Feb - 03 March 2019, 17 - 24 March 2019, 14 - 21 April 2019, 16 - 23 June 2019.
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- A minimum of 3 adults required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from Queen Alia International Airport in Amman.
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All meals as noted in the program in the program
- English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- Accommodation at 4* hotels in Amman, 3* Petra and 4* the Dead Sea including breakfast
- Entry tickets
- Afternoon visit to the vegetable market in Amman with the chef of Beit Sitti
- Beit Sitti cooking course
- Bandoora day at Ghor Al Mazra’a during winter and spring including picking the tomatoes and preparing galaya for lunch
- A day at Jdeit in Ajlun during summer and autumn including picking seasonal fruits and preparing a traditional dish
- Learning how to make Taboun bread and Khobbez Fattah with locals
- Visit the local butcher to buy the ingredients needed for Mansaf and learning how to cook mansaf on an open fire in Little Petra
- Half day jeep tour inside Wadi Rum, including learning how to prepare a BBQ lunch
- Making Zarb dinner together with local Bedouins at the camp in Wadi Rum
- Accommodation at a campsite in Wadi Rum including dinner and breakfast
- All the ingredients that are needed for the meals you will prepare
- Dinner at the 4* hotel at the Dead Sea
- Liability insurance
- Organization/booking fee
- All other transfers
- All other meals not mentioned in the program
- All other consumptions not mentioned in the program
- Tips for guides/drivers, restaurants etc
- Travel insurance
Arrival at the Queen Alia International Airport in Amman, our airport representative is waiting for you and will assist you with the visa procedures.
The airport rep will walk with your through customs and to the luggage hall and will bring you to the driver at the arrival hall. Our driver waits for you also in the arrival hall with a name sign.
Transfer to the 3*Larsa hotel l in Amman for overnight, including bed and breakfast.
After breakfast today you will make a city tour in Amman with visiting the Citadel and the Roman Theater. Then drive toward one of the best preserved old Roman provincial city, Jerash. After your tour of Jerash, you will have lunch at the Artemis Restaurant in Jerash city, before transfer back to Amman.
In the afternoon you will meet the chef of Beit Sitti and visit the vegetable market in the old downtown of Amman together. A public place that has been visited for many decades. On this trip, you will get to experience the hustle and bustle of the city, interact with interesting locals and get a glimpse of the life of Jordanians. Tonight you will learn how to cook Tabbouleh, Humus, Maqloubeh and a desert. Enjoy your dinner!
Overnight in the 3*Larsa Hotel in Amman including bed and breakfast
(In winter & Spring) Madaba - Mt. Nebo - Ghur Al Mazra’a - Petra
Approximate at 7.30 am you will leave your hotel in Amman. Drive to Madaba to visit the St. George Church, with its famous mosaic map.
Continue to Mt. Nebo, from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. Continue to Ghor al Mazra’a to participate in Bandoora day. Bandoora is the Arabic word for Tomato. Help the locals with harvesting the tomatoes from the farms. After enjoying lunch with the locals. Together you will prepare galayah. A local dish with tomatoes being one of the main ingredients.
Time permitting you also have a chance to learn how to make Kohol (from olive oil) or learn the traditional way of wool spinning, basket weaving etc. Transfer to Petra for dinner and overnight at 3*Petra Palace Hotel including bed and breakfast. Tonight you get an introduction of what to expect of the cooking the coming days in Petra!
(In Summer and Autumn) Amman - Ajlune - Jdeit - Petra
Approximate at 7.30 am you will leave your hotel in Amman to Ajlune to visit Ajlune castle and have a view there.
Then transfer to Jdeit where you help today harvest fruits with local people, and then together you will prepare a traditional dish. After lunch, you will have time to hunt for wild herbs and pines and learn how to roast and cook them. And you will have some traditional activities there and a walking tour at the village with locals there.
Transfer to Petra for dinner and overnight at 3*Petra Palace Hotel. Tonight you get an introduction of what to expect of the cooking the coming days in Petra!
Full day to explore one of the seven world wonders. After your visit to the Siq, Treasury, Street of Facades, Theatre and Colonnaded Street you still have time to see: the Monastery and/or the High Place of Sacrifice. It is a lot of climbing, but worth the views!
Lunch suggestion inside Petra: The local Tent Restaurant or Basin Restaurant of the 5* Crown Plaza.
In the evening you will learn how to bake Taboon Bread with a local family who uses the traditional Taboon bread ovens. After you will learn how to prepare a simple dish, Fattah, incorporating the Taboon Bread into the meal. It’s a very traditional Bedouin meal, that has been made for centuries.
Overnight stay in the 3* Hotel in Petra, including bed and breakfast
Free morning to visit Petra. If you did not have the chance to visit the High Place of Sacrifice and/or the Monastery the day before, then now is your chance!
You could also think about visiting the Royal Tombs. In the afternoon you will go with your guide to the butcher to buy meat, that you will need for tonight. After you will go together with the local family and help with milking the sheep. The milk of the sheep is used to prepare Jameed, which is used for the famous local dish Mansaf.
In the evening you will go together with our team of local people to little Petra with these ingredients and together you will prepare Mansaf on fire!
Overnight stay in the 3*Petra Palace Hotel in Petra.
Drive to Wadi Rum for a half day jeep tour inside the protected area. Wadi Rum is famous about the Red Sand and beautiful rock formations.
Upon arrival, you may decide if you would like to include a camel ride or start directly with your jeep tour. Lunch will be freshly prepared by your driver. And of course, you can give him a hand! Enjoy preparing a chicken barbeque together.
You will end your jeep tour at a campsite located in the middle of the desert. The camp has sanitary facilities and private tents.
In the evening you will learn how to prepare Zarb. This is a dish cooked under the ground. Learn how to prepare this special dish with the local Bedouins of Wadi Rum.
After breakfast drive to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on the earth’s surface. Today is all about relaxing, float in the salty waters and try out the famous healing mud.
There is no cooking course included for today as you have deserved a day of complete relaxation after all the cooking you have done!
Overnight at 3* Ramada Hotel, including bed and breakfast.
Transfer to the airport in Amman for departure. You would need to leave the hotel 3 hours in advance of your departure time.
- This program can also be tailor made into a private tour.