Kyoto Temple, Shrine, Geiko & Sake Private Tour
I pick you up at your Hotel / Kyoto Station at noon and we will head to my favourite Zen Temple where I will take you through and up into the main SANMON gate and we will see beautiful views of Kyoto.
We will then walk through the Temple grounds, offer incense for loved ones passed on and then through an aqueduct to a secluded waterfall where people have practised ‘Misogi’, a Japanese Shinto practice of ritual purification, for over 800 years. This is a National Historical Site.
We then head to a famous 1,300-year-old temple that shines in Vermillion. We will meet the guardians at the gate and will enter a dark, underground passage to cut our ties to fears we have and offer prayer. Once we enter the main hall, you will ring a bell to alert the gods you are there and offer a prayer.
We will walk the grounds and view Kyoto from the mountain. Here you will have great picture taking opportunities. I will introduce you to Jizo, the keeper of lost babies and children. We will end up at a small waterfall split into three cascades of Love, Health and Wisdom. You get to pick one to drink from.
From there we walk to a beautiful 5 story pagoda but not after traversing a shopping street and then head on to the famous Geisha Gion District.
Here I will give you time to explore Shijo Street which is filled with literally hundreds of shops, Yasui Shrine, Yasaka Shrine and then we will meet back and explore the famous Gion District and Pontocho Restaurant District during the early evening hours.
- Visit the beautiful Yasui Shrine and Yasaka Shrine
- Discover hundreds of shops in Shijo Street
- Explore the famous Geisha Gion District
- See beautiful views of Kyoto from the Sanmon gate
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Over 18s only
- A minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 people allowed to book this tour
- Pick-up serviceHotel pick-up or Kyoto Station
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Early Evening Gion & Pontocho District Tour
- 4 Temple/Shrine Tour: Nanzenji Temple, Kiyomizudera Temple, Yasui and Yasaka Shrines
- Interpretive Guide & Translation for 7 hours
- Sake drink at end of tour
- Transportation between spots for you and Guide
- Bottled water
- Food Tasting
- Fees for making offerings
- All Fees for Temple and Shrine entrances
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1