Kyoto’s Arashiyama Bamboo Forest & Temple Garden Tour
On this tour we will meet at Kyoto Station. We will head to Arashiyama Station and walk towards the famous Togetsukyo Bridge. From there we head to a founs Zen Temple, Tenryuiji. I will tell you about the powerful family that built it and we will walk its grounds. Absolutely beautiful.
We will pop out the back of this Temple and fall into the quaint Bamboo Forest of Arashiyama. We will walk the area and end up at the Nonomiya Shrine. We will then head out and run into some yummy food stands.
Lunch will have to be enjoyed here and then we will head to the famous Kinkakuji Golden Pavilion, built by the same powerful family of this area at the time.
Six hours, seven if you want to hit the Monkey Park in Arashiyama.
- Enjoy the monkey park (optional)
- Marvel at the gold leaf floors at Kinkakuji Golden Pavilion
- Try traditional Japanese cuisine (at your own expense)
- Explore the marvellous Bamboo Forest
- Visit the Tenryuiji Temple, a historic site and a place of scenic beauty
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 to 7 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Over 18s only
- Minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 people allowed to book this tour
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Two Temples and One Shrine
- Translation & Interpretive Guide for 6~7 hours
- Entrance Fees to Temple
- Monkey Park Fee if you go (Guide will wait) – allow one more hour
- Lunch for you and Guide
- Train tickets between stops for you and Guide
- This tour starts at 9am
- Remember to wear comfortable walking shoes