Private 4 Days Tour in Bukit Lawang
This tour is designed to give you a brief taste of what the jungle has to offer.
The package includes return private transfer from Medan-Bukit Lawang, 2 nights accommodation in Bukit Lawang, 1 night stay in a deluxe Orang Utan bungalow, 2 days jungle trek, with traditional ‘jungle style’ rafting back after the trek.
Our hassle-free tour allows you to experience Bukit Lawang and encounter some of the orangutans that inhabit the forest.
- 3 days private tour
- Knowlodgeable and certified tour guide
- Accommodation with jungle and river view.
- The opportunity to encounter some Orangutans in their natural inhabitats
- Nature and wildlife adventure.
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Indonesian
- Duration: 4 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- On Request
- Live GuideEnglish, Indonesian
- Pick-up servicePick up from your desired location in Medan
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Porter to carry your luggage from the bus station to the accommodation.
- Tour to the village and visit the bat cave.
- Fully licensed English speaking guide.
- Permits to enter the national park/camera tax (150,000,Idr).
- Two-day trek in Mount Leuser National park (foods,water include while during the trek).
- Two-night accommodation in Bukit Lawang (one night before and after the trek) with breakfast.
- Return private car transport from Medan to Bukit Lawang (hotel or airport).
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks not stated in Itinerary of inclusions
- Meals not stated in Itinerary or inclusions
Pick-up from Medan Kuala Namu airport by private air-conditioning transport and travel directly to Bukit Lawang (3-4 hours).
You will have time to explore the village, visit the bat cave (depending on your arrival time) or relax in the guesthouse for the remainder of the day/evening.
Start your journey into the jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park to see wild orangutans.
On your trek (6-7 hours), your guide will educate you on the local wildlife, flora and fauna you may encounter in Gunung Leuser.
After lunch, you will continue your trek to see other wildlife (if you’re lucky you may see the Thomas’ leaf monkey, white-handed gibbon, black gibbon, long-tailed macaque, pig-tailed macaque, hornbills, peacocks and monitor lizards) and learn about the trees/plants which can be used in traditional medicine.
Late afternoon – your guide will select a suitable spot next to the river to set-up camp. You are then free to enjoy the fresh water of the Bohorok river, swim, help prepare dinner, or even go fishing.
After dinner, weather permitting, our team will prepare a bonfire and the guides will entertain you with their jungle skills, games and songs before you settle down to sleep surrounded by the sounds of the jungle and river.
After breakfast, continue your jungle adventure, spotting wildlife.
After 2-3 hours, your guide will take you to a waterfall where you can swim and relax.
After lunch, you will leave the campsite by traditional rafting boat (‘jungle style’) following the river downstream to the village and directly to your guesthouse.
Afternoon/evening – free time to relax at the guesthouse/swim/explore the village.
After breakfast, start your journey back to Medan (3-4 hours).
Time permitting, you will have the opportunity to visit one of Medan’s cultural highlights e.g. Maimun Palace, Great Mosque of Medan, Tjong A Fie’s mansion, Marian Shrine of Annai Velangkanni or Maha Vihara Maitreya Cemara Asri, before being dropped at the airport or your accommodation.
- We always trek legally (with permits) and trained and experienced Guides. Your permits are already included in our costs. We will buy the required permits and we will show you your permit.
- Children of all ages are welcome on all of our treks and tours. You should be prepared to pay the full prices for children, there are no price reductions for children or students. Permits are required for all ages and are the same price for all ages
- Rafting: It is generally preferable to return to Bukit Lawang from jungle trekking via rafting. Rafting allows you to trek farther from your starting point and return more efficiently. If you do not wish to return by raft alternative arrangements will be made