Versailles & Giverny with Guide
Ideal combo tour to visit two of the biggest attractions in the Paris region. You will enjoy a visit to Claude Monet's magnificent gardens in Giverny as well as the house of the master of Impressionism. After a traditional lunch, you will leave to visit the famous Palace of Versailles, which will take you back into the history of the Kings of France.
Set off at 8:15 am from our agency in Central Paris. The journey to Giverny by luxury air-conditioned coach will take approximately one hour and 30 minutes. Soak up the world of the painter, Claude Monet, famous for painting different corners of his garden, such as the "Water Lilies" or the "Japanese Bridge." The painter Claude Monet lived at Giverny with his wife and eight children for 43 years, from 1883 until his death in 1926. Passionate about gardening and nature's changing colors, he designed his flower and water gardens as if they were works of art. During your visit of Monet's garden at Giverny, admire the multicolored flower beds, the Clos Normand Flower Garden with its many Eastern plants, and the lush water garden, famous for its water lilies and Japanese bridge.
Claude Monet Giverny gardens
Then take advantage of your free time to visit Claude Monet's pink-plastered house, where he lived and worked (guided tours of the interior are not permitted due to the lack of space). Explore the reading room, leading into the larder and the artist's studio. In addition to those of his private apartments, these rooms have been reconstructed with Monet's original furniture. Visit the bright yellow dining room, which has been reconstructed down to the very last detail, with earthenware dishes and a blue-tiled kitchen. In the dining room, marvel at one of the world's most important collections of Japanese prints. At the end of your visit, explore the village and treat yourself to some souvenir shopping in the gift and book shop, which was once used as a studio for Monet's Water Lilies; it offers a wide range of products inspired by the artist's work.
After visiting Giverny, enjoy a tasty lunch at the Moulin de Fourges restaurant just ten minutes away, where you can sample local food with a twist.
Menu ( subject to modification)
Starter: Fish terrine, sour farm cream and mixed green salad
Main dish: Roasted chicken breast, mushroom cream and mashed potato with salted butter.
Dessert: Norman apple tart, scoop of ice cream.
Drinks: White and red Wine OR Cider of local production on demand + Still and sparkling water, Coffee or Tea
Note: Alternative choices to food restrictions (vegetarian, gluten-free...) available on site.
In the afternoon, explore the Palace and Gardens of Versailles. Covering more than 721,000 square feet, the Palace has over 700 rooms. Follow your guide to the front of the line to see the most impressive rooms: the King's Apartments, with seven salons each dedicated to a different god, and the Queen's Apartments. Also visit the majestic Hall of Mirrors, a reception room in which to see and be seen, dreamt up by the famous architect, Jules Hardouin-Mansart. Almost 240 feet-long, it was designed to astonish visitors of the Sun King Louis XIV; it is lit by 17 windows and 350 mirrors, and overlooks the palace's splendid gardens, the second part of your visit. Enjoy the free time to visit the Gardens of Versailles and marvel at its many works of art, fountains, ponds, flower beds and groves of trees.
King's Apartment of Versailles
Return to Paris scheduled for around 6:00 pm.
- Visit the gardens of Versailles at your own pace even during the Grandes Eaux musicales
- Visit of the flowered and colorful gardens, Monet's source of inspiration
- An unforgettable day in two of the most famous sites in the Paris region
- Traditional lunch in a charming atmosphere
- Immerse yourself in Claude Monet's impressionist universe in Giverny,Skip the line entrance tickets in both sites
- Guided tour of the Palace of Versailles with the comfort of audiophones
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Duration: 9:30 Hours
- Tour Start Time: MULTI
- Tour End Time: MULTI
- This tour is available: Check availability schedule
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar days prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance ticket with priority access at Giverny for Claude Monet's house and gardens
- Priority access ticket for the Palace of Versailles and its gardens
- Transport to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Services of a tour guide
- Lunch at the Moulin de Fourges restaurant
- Transfers to and from your accommodation
- Flat shoes are strongly recommended (Versailles has parquet floors in its rooms and cobblestones in its courtyard)
- Strollers are not permitted inside the palace
- The skip-the-line access is subject to the Versailles Palace procedures: The Vigipirate plan, the security control or an unforeseen crowd can slow down the entrance
- On-site visit duration: 6h15