Audio Guided Tour of the Palace of Versailles and Access to the whole Estate
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site for 30 years, the Palace of Versailles was once the residence of the Kings of France Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI and their courts, from 1682 until the French Revolution in 1789. Your audio guide commentary will give you the opportunity to visit the magnificent Palace of Versailles at your own pace. Admire its Baroque architecture, artworks, sumptuous decoration, and the furniture created by greatest craftsmen of the age. Enjoy strolling through the palace's grounds and gardens to the Trianon, or explore the pretty town of Versailles beyond the palace's walls.
Wander in the Palace of Versailles
The Palace of Versailles stretches for more than 721,000 square feet and boasts more than 700 rooms. Your audio guide will help you find your way during your visit, tell you about the history of the palace, and immerse you in its unique atmosphere. Your ticket will give you access to the palace's most famous rooms, including the King's Grand Apartment, with seven salons each dedicated to a different god (Apollo, Mars, Mercy, Venus, etc.) and the Queen's Grand Apartment, laid out in a mirror image of those of the king, including the Coronation Room and the Queen's Bedroom, once occupied by Marie Antoinette, among others. Also see the stunning Hall of Mirrors, a huge room in which guests were received and impressed, dreamt up by the famous architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. Almost 240 feet-long, it was designed to amaze the Sun King's (Louis XIV) visitors and is lit by 17 windows and 350 mirrors. It also offers breathtaking views of the palace's beautiful gardens.
During this full day tour of Versailles, spend time discovering the gardens of Versailles and admire their artworks (more than 200 statues), fountains, ponds, flower beds and woodland. In Summer, a range of activities is staged in the gardens, such as the "Grandes Eaux," when the fountains are made to dance to music.
Departure Location & Details
Check in: 7:45am
Location: Tour departs from Hotel Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, 22 Rue Jean Rey 75015, Paris
Return Location & Details
Time: 6:00pm (approx.)
Location: Location: Hotel Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, 22 Rue Jean Rey 75015, Paris
- Discover the Grand and Petit Trianon as well as the atypical Queen's Hamlet
- Visit the entire Versailles Estate on your own
- Priority access ticket to the Gardens, for Musical Fountains show too
- Stroll as you wish through the magnificent gardens of Versailles
- Enjoy audio-guided comments during the visit of the Palace of Versailles
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Duration: 9:45 Hours
- Tour Start Time: MULTI
- Tour End Time: MULTI
- This tour is available: Check availability schedule
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- A Palace of Versailles audio guide
- Versailles Palace and gardens tickets
- Transfers to and from your accommodation in Paris
- High-heeled shoes are not recommended (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
- Strollers are not allowed inside the palace
- Access to the palace is difficult for those with reduced mobility
- Photography without flash is permitted inside the palace
- On-site visit duration: 7h15
- The tour lasts 9:45 hours, transport included.