Salt Cathedral and Guatavita Lake
Enjoy a day away from the bustle of Bogotá exploring the first wonder of Colombia and the history of the legend of "El Dorado". From your accommodation, it is an hour's drive from Zipaquira, home to the legendary salt cathedral. When you arrive in Zipaquirá, your underground adventure begins.
Discover the architectonic achievements of the Bogota architect Roswell Garavito Pearl and learn about the history of salt exploitation in Colombia in the guided tour in English or Spanish with an expert guide within the cathedral and explain it through the Salt Cathedral Zipaquirá's meaning. Back in the light, enjoy a typical Colombian meal in one of the best restaurants in Zipaquirá.
Enjoy a traditionally prepared meat dish or choose the vegetarian option. After lunch, you will discover Plaza de la Independencia and the main square of Zipaquirá with its beautiful colonial houses and its old church and take some panoramic pictures of the city. After this brief tour, you will continue to Lake Guatavita.
- Enjoy the stunning architecture of this wonder of Colombia
- History behind the cathedral & the salt mining industry
- Get an amazing view from the top of the lagoon
- Learn about this native culture with a local guide.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 7 to 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your accommodation at 8:00am.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 8 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private transport from and to your hotel
- Bilingual guide
- Tips (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- it is recommended to wear suitable shoes for walks since the terrain in the lagoon of guatavita is muddy and irregular
- Children must be in company of their parents
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes