Chengdu Private Day Tour of Panda Holding Experience and Dujiangyan
Meet your guide at 8:00 am from your Chengdu downtown hotel lobby, board a comfortable vehicle and drive approximately 1.5 hours to your first stop at Dujiangyan Panda Base. Enjoy the scenic surroundings on the way and get more knowledge of Chengdu from your guide.
Upon arrival, the tour guide will help you to register for the panda holding program and show you around the Panda centre. As Giant Pandas are very active in the morning, stroll around the panda centre and you will see lovely giant pandas eating and playing with each other.
Here you will have close contact with giant pandas by having photos taken holding a baby panda. Although the process only takes a few minutes, one should be very careful, wear special protective clothing and follow staff instructions. The panda holding program allows you to take photos with a panda next to you or in your arms for about one minute, the staff at the panda base will help you to take photos and videos for you with your own equipment. Enjoy the magical experience of intimate contact with the Giant Pandas
Later enjoy your lunch in a local restaurant and continue to visit the Dujiangyan Irrigation System honored as the 'Treasure of Sichuan'. It is the oldest and only surviving no-dam water conservancy project in the world, and it has been functioning for more than two thousand years. Explore this magnificent irrigation system with your guide to learn the history and its crucial role.
Afterwards, drive back to downtown, and you will be dropped off at your hotel to conclude the full day sightseeing.
- This private tour is operated with just your party
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Visit the only surviving no-dam water conservancy project
- Gain a once-in-a-lifetime memory with Giant Pandas
- Experience the incredible sensation of panda holding
- See lovely furry giant pandas at Dujiangyan Panda Base
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up from the lobby of your Chengdu downtown hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 5 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Panda holding fee
- Local lunch
- Entrance fee
- Bottled water
- English-speaking tour guide
- Professional licensed driver
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Optional activities
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Donation to Panda Foundation for Panda Holding is compulsory and included in the tour fee, the money raised from this activity will help the non-profit center continue its vital research into this endangered species.
- Please book 5 days in advance and provide documents after booking
- Health certificate and passport copy are required for all passengers
- Program may be adjusted based on the health condition of the pandas
- Daily quota of 30 tourists is imposed by the Panda Base