Chengdu Full-day Private Tour of Leshan Giant Buddha
With pickup from your Chengdu downtown hotel at 9:00 am by a local professional tour guide, enjoy a comfortable transfer by private air-conditioned vehicle and drive 2 hours to the Giant Buddha scenic area. Leshan is a renowned scenic resort as it boasts the 'No.1 Buddha under Heaven' - the UNESCO World Heritage listed Leshan Giant Buddha.
Upon arrival, enjoy a delicious lunch at a well-selected local restaurant. Then walk into the park and marvel at the intricate construction of the Buddha’s hair. There are 1,021 buns in the Buddha's coiled hair that are skillfully embedded in the head.
Later walk down a twisting staircase toward the left side of the Grand statue, admire the largest carved Buddha of 71 meters high. Facing the river, the Grand Buddha has symmetrical posture and looks which have been beautifully captured in its solemn stillness.
Listen to your guide’s narration to learn the long history and architectural artistry of the Giant Buddha, return to the top of the statue on the other side and visit Wuyou Temple with its hundreds of Arhats and Lingyun Temple of architectural designs.
Take a cruise to have a full view of the Giant Buddha. This is optional at your own cost, should you prefer to have an alternative perspective of the Grand Buddha. Afterwards, drive back to Chengdu and your driver will drop you off at the hotel to conclude the tour.
- This private tour is operated with just your party
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Admire the largest carved Buddha of 71 meters high
- Spend a full day to visit the Leshan Giant Buddha
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up from the lobby of your Chengdu downtown hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Local lunch
- Entrance fee
- Bottled water
- English-speaking tour guide
- Professional licensed driver
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Gratuities (Optional)
- All travelers’ passport information is required while booking
- Your hotel information is required while booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking