Vancouver Grand City Tour
Travel with your guide to Stanley Park, the largest urban park in North America. From 1000-year-old trees to First Nations totem poles, Stanley Park is full of wonders and great history.
Learn about the totem’s carvings and cultural import, as well as the surrounding geology. Your comprehensive tour of Vancouver may also include the city’s renowned neighborhoods: Yaletown, hopping with trendy shops housed in old and modern buildings; Chinatown, visit the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Chinese Gardens, wander through the Chinese shops in the marketplace and if time allows a quick stop for a tea sampling at the Ten Ren Chinese tea shop; in Gastown, Vancouver’s oldest neighborhood, hear all about the founder Gassy Jack and gain insight into how Vancouver became the major trading port it is today; see Vancouver’s elegant residential area, with some of the city’s oldest mansions in Shaughnessy, a neighborhood which was created in 1907 by the Canadian Pacific Railway; then wrap up your day at the Granville Island Public Market, a fascinating assortment of colorful stalls, showcasing unique homemade products and the very finest in gastronomic delights.
For the adventurous traveler visit: Grouse Mountain, which boasts stunning views of Vancouver, the Tantalus Mountain range and the Fraser Valley from atop the “Eye in the Sky”, the only wind turbine in the world with a viewing platform, lumberjack show, a Swiss-style gondola and a ten acre outdoor enclosure for bear viewing; take a walk through old-growth forest at Capilano River Regional Park and visit the fish hatchery and famous Capilano Suspension Bridge; and the UBC Museum of Anthropology, renowned for its displays of world arts and cultures, including major displays of the numerous First Nation bands from the Pacific Northwest.
No matter your choice of destinations your driver-guide will provide engaging insight into Vancouver’s mix of cultures, modern architecture and city planning. This small-group tour, limited to just eleven people, ensures a more memorable experience. Includes round-trip hotel transport by air-conditioned Mercedes Benz Sprinter van. Hotel pickup and drop-off included.
- Overview of downtown Vancouvers history and planning.
- Tour of stanley park with Totem talk, rose garden visit, and Big Tree viewing.
- Shaughnessy (the big mansions) viewing originally built in the late 1890,s.
- Granville Island Public market with 150 stores
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceWill pick up in front of Hotel, usual time is 10 am. Advise calling tour co to confirm times.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Tour includes Hotel pick up and drop off
- 5 hours of touring
- A stop for lunch at the Public market
- Professional Tour Guide
- Admissions fees and Lunch
- Admission fees to Venues
- As we have a lot to see, we are in and out of the Tour vehicle frequently
- Walking shoes, comfortable clothing are recommended