Great Squamish Day Trip from Vancouver
Welcome to Squamish our first visit is to the Famous Britannia Mine Museum: Governed by the Britannia Beach Historical Society, this award-winning museum preserves and presents to the public information and artifacts related to British Columbia’s mining industry.
The museum oversees 23 historic industrial, administrative and domestic buildings, over 7000 artifacts, 9500 archive photos and 3000 archival documents and maps.
Visitors are given a train ride through the ore haulage tunnel, drilled in 1914 to transport ore from the original mill buildings. Shannon Falls: Shannon Falls is the third highest waterfall in British Columbia and three times higher the Niagara Falls and holds significant spiritual value to the Squamish First Nation, the first people to live in this area. Don’t forget to ask your guide of the First Nations story of how the falls were born. Sea-to-Sky Gondola: Offering breathtaking views of coastal BC mountains, oceans, rivers, forests this new attraction shouldn’t be missed.
After your gondola ride to the Summit Lodge, you’ll get to cross the 100 metre Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge, a favorite spot to snap great pics. On the other side of the bridge, you’ll find a wide range of hiking trails for every level of fitness; each leading to simply jaw-dropping viewpoints of Squamish, Howe Sound, The Stawamus Chief, and all along the Coast Mountain Range. West Coast Railway Heritage Museum: Home of the world-famous Royal Hudson steam locomotive, the West Coast Railway Heritage Park houses the largest collection of railway rolling stock in Western Canada.
Here, you’ll find more than 90 pieces of heritage railway cars and artifacts, the oldest of which are the British Columbia business car (1890) and a rare Canadian Pacific Colonist sleeping car (1905). Howe Sound Brewing Company: A destination in itself, be sure to make time before or after your next Squamish adventure to stop and enjoy the food & drink in this local favorite – an all-wood establishment with the typical relaxed big room restaurant and bar.
One of the original craft breweries in British Columbia offering ceramic spring top bottled beers.
- Learn amazing facts and see fascinating things in the Famous Britannia Mine Museum
- Visit Shannon Falls, the third highest waterfall in British Columbia and three times higher the Niagara Falls
- Experience breathtaking views on the Sea to sky Gondola
- Enjoy a fascinating tour of West Coast Railway Heritage Museum
- Howe sound pub and restaurant.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceWill pick up in front of Hotel, usual time is 9 am. Advise calling tour co to confirm times.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Tour includes Hotel pick up and drop off
- 6 hours of touring
- A stop for lunch
- Tour Venues admission fees
- Tasting fees
- Dress comfortably, casual shoes, there may be some uneven ground and in cold months warmer clothes and appropriate footwear.