Cooking on Mekong Delta & Cai Be Floating Market
After pickup from your hotel, you will be transferred by air-conditioned vehicle to the town of Cai Be, located approximately 100 miles (160 km) southwest of Ho Chi Minh City.
On the way, stop to take photos of the beautiful landscapes! Upon arrival in Cai Be, hop on a motorboat with your small group and visit the Cai Be Floating Market, established in the 19th century on the Tien River.
Observe locals trading fruit and other wholesale goods, hung from poles aboard boats and rafts, in the bustling floating market. Then, disembark for a short walk to a coconut candy factory and tour the facility to learn how the sweets are produced.
You’ll have the opportunity to purchase some candy before meandering with your guide around the small villages of the Mekong Delta. Visit a fruit orchard and plantation, and listen to traditional southern Vietnamese music called don Ca Tai Tu, which combines elements from court music and folk music.
Afterwards, cruise along the Mekong Delta to Tan Phong Island. Here, you'll join your small group in a half-day cooking class with your guide. You’ll learn to prepare Vietnamese dishes from several regions as you discover the many cultural influences at play in Vietnamese cuisine.
Try your hand at making savoury specialities like fried elephant-ear fish, grilled steak cooked in a bamboo cylinder, grilled fish in banana leaf and fish braised in a clay pot.
Enjoy your delicious creations with your fellow food lovers before hopping on a bicycle to ride along the village path. Pass fruit orchards and a bonsai garden as you explore the neighbourhood with your guide and mingle with the local villagers.
Your day trip ends with a boat ride back to Cai Be.
- Cai Be Floating Market
- Boat trip to Tan Phong Island
- Cooking class
- Enjoying the real daily life of the locals living in the delta
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 1 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking
- Children 0-2 are free of charge
- Children 3-11 pay 75% of the adult price
- Children from 12 pay the adult price
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city, District 1.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bicycle rental
- Boat in the Mekong Delta
- Cooking demonstration and lunch at a local restaurant
- Personal expenses, drinks
- Pickup service is only for hotels in District 1. Some hotels in other districts are subject to an extra fee
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1