2-day Discover Mekong Delta With Mekong River Cruise
On this 2 day tour, travel by wooden boat to Cai Be and explore the Mekong Delta in all its beauty.
Stroll through fruit orchards and paddy fields before spending the night onboard the boat.
Take a sampan boat to the famous Cai Be floating markets! Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products.
We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or sail through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
This will truly be an unforgettable experience, create memories that will last a lifetime.
The floating markets in the Mekong Delta are no tourist markets but wholesale markets where the produce of the Mekong Delta-like fruits and vegetables are traded.
For this reason, the number of boats on the market fluctuates depending on harvesting seasons and market demand. Furthermore, modern wholesale markets are becoming more popular in Vietnam. This can result in decreasing numbers of boats being present on the markets.
On even dates, you will have lunch at the Mekong Rest Stop. On odd dates, lunch is served in Vinh Long City.
- The famous floating markets on the Mekong Delta
- Watch the locals go about their daily work
- Delicious on-board dinner
- Sunsets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong river
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Children 0-2 are free of charge
- Children 3-11 pay 75% of the adult price
- Children from 12 pay the adult price
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Ho Chi Minh city, District 1.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Roundtrip shuttle bus from/to Saigon
- English-speaking guide
- 1-night accommodation in twin/double bedded cabin
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- Refreshments in the cabin
- Personal expenses, drinks
- Other services not mentioned in the program
In the morning we take you to Can Tho or Cai Be. You board your comfortable wooden river cruise vessel around noon.
After a refreshing welcome drink, we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through a village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields.
Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits. Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape of the Mekong river.
The cruise boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious onboard dinner.
You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Wake up well rested to the sound of the river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta.
At 6.30am the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region‟s busiest and most lively markets.
Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants.
We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
- Pickup service is only for hotels in District 1. Some hotels in other districts are subject to an extra fee
- The price for 1 adult is inclusive of single suppliment