8 Days Private Tour in Uganda Forests
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale national park
- Game drives and Scenery viewing in all parks
- Bird watching in all national park
- Cultural visits in different cultures found in remote areas
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick you from the airport (Entebbe international airport) and then transfer you to your accommodation then pick you from your accommodation to the tourism destination and after drop you off at either your accommodation or airport if your flight is due.
- Easy CancellationCANCELLATION AND REFUND: Customers will receive a full refund, less the cost of the non- refundable gorilla permit ($600), with 45 days’ notice of cancellation. Customers will receive a full refund in case of operator’s cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, as indicated below; - 10% deposit - No refund - 30 – 44 days - 55% refund - Less than 30 days - No refund Please note that cancellation fees are calculated based on the date we receive your cancellation request. Also note: Sale of Gorilla permits is a preserve of the government (Uganda wildlife Authority), hence, fees for these permits is non – refundable. Thank you, have an ultimate fascinating experience. FORCE MAJEURE: It is with regret that our office cannot compensate where an impediment to proper performance of duty is as a result of an event above and beyond our own making, control and anticipation nor is it due to the supplier of the service in question. Such events may include unexpected government quarantines, travel bans, riots, civil strife, natural disaster, terrorist acts, border closure, fire, road closures, industrial disputes, extreme weather conditions and other incidents beyond our control. NOTE: In some unfortunate circumstances, getting a park or Gorilla permit may not be guarantee to seeing wildlife in their habitats as unfavorable local conditions may sometimes hinder access to the wildlife. This can happen without prior notice or it can be at short notice. We therefore accept no liabilities in circumstances where Gorilla or wildlife viewing is due to cancellation by the authorities. Where the loss is due to the absence of Gorillas, closure of boarders, national park or security changes, refunding is at the discretion of the responsible offices. However, Kent Tour Safaris shall use all means necessary to obtain the monies / refunds and pass it on to the client.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Emergency evacuations (AMREF)
- Gorilla permits and all Park fees
- Meals per itinerary
- English speaking guides /Drivers
- Airport transfers
- Gorilla permits and all Park fees
- Meals per itinerary
- English speaking guides /Drivers
- 4WD Safari Vehicle
- Visa fees
- International flights
- Travel Insurance
- Cigarettes and Alcohol
Arrive at Entebbe Airport and you will be met by a Kent Safari tour guide and transferred to your hotel for a trip briefing and if time privileges take a boat trip to Ngamba Island. Chimpanzee Sanctuary, home to over 40 orphaned Chimpanzee. This worthy cause also bolsters the endangered wild chimpanzees throughout Uganda. You can also visit the wildlife education center in Entebbe and Entebbe Botanical gardens.
After sunrise we drive from Kampala to Kibale National near the Rwenzori Block Mountains. On arrival, our guests delight the afternoon guided walk to view the crater lakes and educative cultural visits.
After sunrise, there will be briefing at Kibale headquarters before setting off for the forest walk in dredge of chimpanzees. This forest walk will be guided by experienced guides to provide more Information on chimpanzees and primates, the walk will be advantageous with other primates like the Columbus monkeys, red tailed monkeys, and grey cheeked mangabeys. After the sunrise tracking of chimpanzees, in the evenfall you will walk to the Bigodi swamp to see flora and fauna.
After sunrise breakfast, the guides will drive to Nyakasula falls in Fort Portal to have an impressive view of the blooming waterfalls and then drive to the south into Queen Elizabeth National Park where you get arbitrary of glimpse animals such as buffalos, antelopes, elephants along the way. Ihamba lakeside Lodge is right on the edge of a vast escapement overlooking the Great Lakes and Maramagambo forest.
After sunrise, an early morning game drive through Queen Elizabeth National park, fastidious being the best time to see lions (The King of the Jungle) which is a very elegant experience. After lunch, there is a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel which connects to Lake Edward and Lake George viewing a large number of Hippos, Buffalo, plus 632 recorded bird species.
After breakfast, we drive through what is presumably Uganda’s spectacular sceneries to Bwindi Impenetrable forest. The rain forests and highlands which enriches the volcanoes in which the Bat Cave near the vast Maramagambo Forest and Kyambura Gorge is a must to be seen from the game drive at Ishasha on your way to Bwindi forest in search of climbing lions. Later we drive to Bwindi via the beautiful tea plantations.
After an early morning breakfast, get ready for Bwindi Gorilla trekking at 7:30 am with a briefing from the guides and an official from Uganda Wildlife Authority. Make sure you carry a Raincoat/jacket, a snack, jungle boots and water. Special guides will lead you inside the jungle to see a group of gorillas. Carry your lunch boxes and gears to track the mountain gorillas. It is the most intriguing wildlife in the jungle and tracking gorillas may take from 3-6 hours or more.
After sunrise, drive back to Kampala then Entebbe with a lunch en-route. We make a few stops at Igongo Cultural Center which gives you anomalous favorable circumstances to explore the Ankole Culture and after we proceed to the Equator before your evening departure at Entebbe International Airport.
- TRAVEL HEALTH ADVICE Stay healthy while you travel Staying healthy while you travel is vital it isn't all about vaccinations and medicine. Most problems you could face are easily preventable. Drinking bottled, boiled or treated water, washing your hands properly before eating and carefully avoiding insect bites could save your life, money and Time. Yellow fever vaccination /Covid-19 Please remember to get your yellow fever /Covid-19 Vaccination as it is a crucial requirement especially if you are travelling to Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda and global Covid-19 Please be sure to visit the Centres for Disease Control at http://www.cdc.gov/travel. Or check with a physician for more information.
- YOU HAVE BOOKED YOUR DREAM SAFARI TOUR AND NOW IT’S TIME TO PREPARE FOR YOUR TRIP. HERE IS A CHECKLIST OF THINGS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER BEFORE YOU LEAVE. • Pay telephone service provider accounts and bills before you go, so they will not be disconnected while you are away. • Call your credit card companies to advise dates and places to which you will be traveling • Put a hold on newspaper and magazine deliveries. • Ensure arrangements for your pets are in place. • Remove perishable food items from your fridge. • Turn off any pre-set alarm clocks and electrical appliances at the switch. • If you are taking your cell phone on tour, contact your service provider to ensure international roam is on. • Inform neighbours and neighbourhood watch groups of your trip dates. • Make sure your family member or close friends have copies of your travel itinerary; in case they need to contact you. Or emergency purposes • Alert us if you have any special f food consideration – vegetarian • Some airlines will allow you to check-in online and select your seats before you travel. You can also register online to receive an email or cell text message if your flight is going to be delayed. • Forward your mail or arrange to have it collected or ask the post office to hold it.
- TRIP INFORMATION: Our Tour director is committed to executing the tour activities as detailed in the itinerary provided. We only request our clients to be understanding, remain calm and flexible on a few isolated occasions where local events may inconvenience the activities on the itinerary. Our clients should also note that the first day of the trip is simply for the drive or flight to the destination as shown on the itinerary and has a few activities planned. We advise that you be conversant with our representative who will take you through the pre-departure briefings. NOTE: Entebbe international airport is your gateway to and from Uganda. To avoid inconveniences that are occasioned by rushing at the time of departure, we advise that you book international flights departing from Entebbe after 8pm. We will need you to furnish us with the following information: - Airline - Flight number - Arrival and departure date - Flight times /Flight Changes
- VISA AND CONSULAR ADVICE: Each individual traveller is responsible for obtaining the required visa, as visa requirements vary per country. For visa information, we advise our clients to consult the US State Department and local Embassies for non-US citizens. NOTE: 1. A visa can be obtained at Entebbe international airport on arrival at a fee $50 per person. 2. Visas for all other East African Countries can be obtained, on arrival, at the international airport or at boarder points.
- ITINERARY, TRAVEL INSURANCE AND PASSPORT COPIES: Leave a copy of your itinerary, travel insurance and passport to a family member, for reference purposes, in case of an emergency. Travel insurance is also compulsory on all trips.
- AGE LIMIT: Some of our tours have strict age limit. Children 13 years and below are not allowed to visit the gorillas or participate in certain activities like canoeing and, for adults above 65 years of age, a medical report may be required.
- CANCELLATION AND REFUND: Customers will receive a full refund, minus the cost of gorilla permits of $600 which is a policy from the regulator the government of Uganda, it is non-refundable. However, for other tour itineraries provided the cancellation is done with in 24hours from the time of the tour, it shall be received and rescheduling planned accordingly. Otherwise beyond the above factors the customers will receive a full refund in case of natural disasters or global effects. 10% deposit - No refund More than 24 hours – full refund Less than 24 hours - No refund Please note that cancellation fees are calculated based on the date we receive your cancellation request. Also note: Sale of Gorilla permits is a preserve of the government (Uganda wildlife Authority), hence, fees for these permits are non – refundable. Thank you, have an ultimate fascinating experience.
- AMENDMENT FEES: Amendments made on the booking 24 Hours before departure attracts a surcharge of $25 per amendment. more than 24 Hours no amendments fees will be applied. A changed reservation will be confirmed within 24 hours. Flexible Bookings at no costs - Changing booking - Changing departure date - Changing guest name - Removing /Replacing a guest - Changing pick up time or location
- WHAT TO CARRY: • Rain Jacket /coat • Shoes with good traction • Binoculars • Travel plug adapter with USB port • Mask and Antibacterial hand cleaning gel • Good camera with fully charged battery and good memory card storage • First aid kit • Small back park • Sun block hat • Sun glasses • Hiking boots • Mosquito repellent
- CASH AT HAND: It is crucial to note that in many countries, some local Forex bureaus place much emphasis on quality of the dollar and other foreign currency notes frequently used by most visitors. It is our humble view therefore that you carry new and undamaged bills / notes especially in the dominations of $50 and $100 bills. Major credit cards like Visa and Master card are acceptable in towns.
- GENERAL SAFETY TIPS: We prioritize safety of our tours; however, travels are susceptible to risks. So, it is important to be prepared and approach all arrangements with utmost caution. It’s advisable to do some research about your destination to equip yourself with some tips to ensure safety. Register your trip and also avail a copy of your emergency contact details to your government travel advisory service (or diplomatic mission) in a country that you are visiting so that they can contact you in case of emergency. This process can be done online and it is also advisable to get contacts of the American Embassy in Uganda, your final destination. Depending on the itinerary you have booked, some activities may carry greater risks or personal injury, we therefore advise that you take great care and strictly adhere to the established pre-cautions before participating. These activities include white water rafting, canoe and boat rides, Gorilla trekking and Chimpanzee tracking, mountaineering, bungee jumping, culture walk or community visit and game drive. For safety, the following must also be accorded due consideration; SAFAETY TIPS - Avoid expensive jewellery. -Hide your cash and Monitor your ATM/ Credit card transactions - Avoid all demonstrations and protests given their potential to turn violent. - Monitor the media for information about any possible security risks and pay close attention to your personal security. - Carry a copy of your passport and avoid hanging alone without the advice of the tour guide. And avoid Voluntary helpers who are not among your group and be worry of any assistance from seemingly helpful strangers however polite or well dressed. In order to safeguard your items and report any lost or blocked bank card to your Bank.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Accommodation is shared. Travel Insurance is a MUST.
- ACCOMMODATION: Prices for a twin/double shared room are per person, and, rates for single or triple travelers are available on request.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: This tour requires that all traveller should have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and all personal Emergencies, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We therefore recommend Travel Guard, Allianz and Nomads Travel Insurance” for all your insurance necessities
- PRIVACY: We understand and respect the value and importance of your privacy. Be assured therefore that protection of privacy is given the highest priority. All personal information that you avail to us is strictly used for purposes of Safari tour booking. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about the guest. However, cognizant of the rampant cases of hacking into data on the internet, it becomes a bit tricky to guarantee 100% security to data shared through online sources. We therefore will not be held culpable if the breach or hacking into your personal information is by international unauthorized individuals.
- NOTE: In some unfortunate circumstances, getting a park or Gorilla permit may not be guarantee to seeing wildlife in their habitats as unfavourable local conditions may sometimes hinder access to the wildlife. This can happen without prior notice or it can be at short notice. We therefore accept no liabilities in circumstances where Gorilla or wildlife viewing is due to cancellation by the authorities. Where the loss is due to the absence of Gorillas, closure of boarders, national park or security changes, refunding is at the discretion of the responsible offices. However, we shall use all means necessary to obtain the monies / refunds and pass it on to the client.