5 Days Bwindi, Lake Bunyonyi And Lake Mburo
Day 1: Pick up by your guide from Kampala after your breakfast and immediately set off to the Southwestern part of Uganda-Bwindi Forest. It will be a great journey with a lot of sightings such as the rolling terraced hills, together with a few stopovers at the equator to take photos and another in Mbarara to have lunch as you proceed to Bwindi. You will arrive in the evening and rest at the hotel with dinner. Accommodation Buhoma lodge
Day 2: After breakfast that early morning, move to the headquarters of the park for briefing with your packed lunch. After, enter the forest for gorilla trekking guided by the Park rangers. Later in the evening take a walk in the Batwa community for some cultural encounters from the Batwa people like the traditional dances among others. Accommodation; Buhoma lodge
Day 3: On this morning after a tasty breakfast, say goodbye to Gorilla sanctuary as you will drive to Lake Bunyonyi also termed as a great destination for birders because of the various number of birds available, apart from that it has eye-catching sceneries including the waters, hills, forests, islands among others. Upon arrival you could opt to go for a canoe along the lake or just go for a nature walk around the area. In the evening retire at the lodge and have dinner. Accommodation; Arcadia Cottages
Day 4: After breakfast, carry on with the journey to Lake Mburo National Park, whereby your eyes will be caught up by the large numbers of impalas (mainly concentrated in this park), zebras, buffaloes, warthogs, among others. Along the way your eyes will be fed again with the stunning landscapes of the Kigezi highlands. You will have lunch along the way, when you arrive at the park you will have a game drive through the park as you will have a chance to see most animals. Later have dinner and Overnight. Accommodation; Mihingo Lodge (Luxury)
Day 5: Enjoy breakfast; go on a boat cruise along the lake where you will see more wildlife on the lake shores like hippos, Crocodiles, buffaloes drinking water as well as many birds and you will also see other smaller lakes like Biwa and Kazuma. In the afternoon, after having lunch, drive back to Kampala after an amazing time in the wild.
- Mountain gorilla tracking-Bwindi impenetrable
- Boat cruise at lake bunyonyi
- Game drive and nature walks at the parks
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationThere is full refund for Customers who who cancel at least 45 days prior to the day of the activity or tour, 50% refund for Customers who who cancel below 45 days prior to the day of the activity or tour. NOTE: Gorilla permit fee of $600 is non-refundable because its a regulation from the government and so kent safaris has no control over it.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All Airport transfers Gorilla permits
- Accommodation and lodging
- Meals throughout the itinerary
- English speaking guides/drivers
- 4WD safari vehicles
- Domestic flights
- Park Fees
- Emergency Evacuations (AMREF)
- International flights
- Visa and customs fees or charges
- Travel Insurance
- Cigarettes and alcohol
Pick up by your guide from Kampala after your breakfast and immediately set off to the Southwestern part of Uganda-Bwindi Forest. It will be a great journey with a lot of sightings such as the rolling terraced hills, together with a few stopovers at the equator to take photos and another in Mbarara to have lunch as you proceed to Bwindi. You will arrive in the evening and rest at the hotel with dinner.
After breakfast that early morning, move to the headquarters of the park for briefing with your packed lunch. After, enter the forest for gorilla trekking guided by the Park rangers. Later in the evening take a walk in the Batwa community for some cultural encounters from the Batwa people like the traditional dances among others.
On this morning after a tasty breakfast, say goodbye to Gorilla sanctuary as you will drive to Lake Bunyonyi also termed as a great destination for birders due to the various numbers of birds that are available, apart from that it has eye-catching sceneries including the waters, hills, forests, islands among others. Upon arrival you could opt to go for a canoe along the lake or just go for a nature walk around the area. In the evening retire at the lodge and have dinner.
After breakfast, carry on with the journey to Lake Mburo national Park, whereby your eyes will be caught up by the large numbers of impalas (mainly concentrated in this park), zebras, buffaloes, warthogs, among others. Along the way your eyes will be fed again with the stunning landscapes of the kigezi highlands. You will have lunch along the way, when you arrive at the park you will have a game drive through the park as you will have a chance to see most animals. Later have dinner and Overnight.
Enjoy breakfast; go on a boat cruise along the lake where you will see more wildlife on the lake shores like hippos, Crocodiles, buffaloes drinking water as well as many birds and you will also see other smaller lakes like Bwa and Kazuma. In the afternoon after having lunch, drive back to Kampala after an amazing time in the wild.
- TRAVEL HEALTH ADVICE Stay healthy while you travel Staying healthy while you travel is vital it isn't all about vaccinations and medicine. Most problems you could face are easily preventable. Drinking bottled, boiled or treated water, washing your hands properly before eating and carefully avoiding insect bites could save your life, money and Time. Yellow fever vaccination /Covid-19 Please remember to get your yellow fever /Covid-19 Vaccination as it is a crucial requirement especially if you are travelling to Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda and global Covid-19 Please be sure to visit the Centres for Disease Control at http://www.cdc.gov/travel. Or check with a physician for more information.
- YOU HAVE BOOKED YOUR DREAM SAFARI TOUR AND NOW IT’S TIME TO PREPARE FOR YOUR TRIP. HERE IS A CHECKLIST OF THINGS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER BEFORE YOU LEAVE. • Pay telephone service provider accounts and bills before you go, so they will not be disconnected while you are away. • Call your credit card companies to advise dates and places to which you will be traveling • Put a hold on newspaper and magazine deliveries. • Ensure arrangements for your pets are in place. • Remove perishable food items from your fridge. • Turn off any pre-set alarm clocks and electrical appliances at the switch. • If you are taking your cell phone on tour, contact your service provider to ensure international roam is on. • Inform neighbours and neighbourhood watch groups of your trip dates. • Make sure your family member or close friends have copies of your travel itinerary; in case they need to contact you. Or emergency purposes • Alert us if you have any special f food consideration – vegetarian • Some airlines will allow you to check-in online and select your seats before you travel. You can also register online to receive an email or cell text message if your flight is going to be delayed. • Forward your mail or arrange to have it collected or ask the post office to hold it.
- TRIP INFORMATION: Our Tour director is committed to executing the tour activities as detailed in the itinerary provided. We only request our clients to be understanding, remain calm and flexible on a few isolated occasions where local events may inconvenience the activities on the itinerary. Our clients should also note that the first day of the trip is simply for the drive or flight to the destination as shown on the itinerary and has a few activities planned. We advise that you be conversant with our representative who will take you through the pre-departure briefings. NOTE: Entebbe international airport is your gateway to and from Uganda. To avoid inconveniences that are occasioned by rushing at the time of departure, we advise that you book international flights departing from Entebbe after 8pm. We will need you to furnish us with the following information: - Airline - Flight number - Arrival and departure date - Flight times /Flight Changes
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: This tour requires that all traveller should have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and all personal Emergencies, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We therefore recommend Travel Guard, Allianz and Nomads Travel Insurance” for all your insurance necessities
- ACCOMMODATION: Prices for a twin/double shared room are per person, and, rates for single or triple travelers are available on request.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Accommodation is shared. Travel Insurance is a MUST.
- AMENDMENT FEES: Amendments made on the booking 24 Hours before departure attracts a surcharge of $25 per amendment. more than 24 Hours no amendments fees will be applied. A changed reservation will be confirmed within 24 hours. Flexible Bookings at no costs - Changing booking - Changing departure date - Changing guest name - Removing /Replacing a guest - Changing pick up time or location
- WHAT TO CARRY: • Rain Jacket /coat • Shoes with good traction • Binoculars • Travel plug adapter with USB port • Mask and Antibacterial hand cleaning gel • Good camera with fully charged battery and good memory card storage • First aid kit • Small back park • Sun block hat • Sun glasses • Hiking boots • Mosquito repellent
- ITINERARY, TRAVEL INSURANCE AND PASSPORT COPIES: Leave a copy of your itinerary, travel insurance and passport to a family member, for reference purposes, in case of an emergency. Travel insurance is also compulsory on all trips.
- VISA AND CONSULAR ADVICE: Each individual traveller is responsible for obtaining the required visa, as visa requirements vary per country. For visa information, we advise our clients to consult the US State Department and local Embassies for non-US citizens. NOTE: 1. A visa can be obtained at Entebbe international airport on arrival at a fee $50 per person. 2. Visas for all other East African Countries can be obtained, on arrival, at the international airport or at boarder points.
- FORCE MAJEURE: It is with regret that our office cannot compensate where an impediment to proper performance of duty is as a result of an event above and beyond our own making, control and anticipation nor is it due to the supplier of the service in question. Such events may include unexpected government quarantines, travel bans, riots, civil strife, natural disaster, terrorist acts, border closure, fire, road closures, industrial disputes, extreme weather conditions and other incidents beyond our control. NOTE: In some unfortunate circumstances, getting a park or Gorilla permit may not be guarantee to seeing wildlife in their habitats as unfavourable local conditions may sometimes hinder access to the wildlife. This can happen without prior notice or it can be at short notice. We therefore accept no liabilities in circumstances where Gorilla or wildlife viewing is due to cancellation by the authorities. Where the loss is due to the absence of Gorillas, closure of boarders, national park or security changes, refunding is at the discretion of the responsible offices. However, we shall use all means necessary to obtain the monies / refunds and pass it on to the client.
- CANCELLATION AND REFUND: Customers will receive a full refund, minus the cost of gorilla permits of $600 which is a policy from the regulator the government of Uganda, it is non-refundable. However, for other tour itineraries provided the cancellation is done with in 24hours from the time of the tour, it shall be received and rescheduling planned accordingly. Otherwise beyond the above factors the customers will receive a full refund in case of natural disasters or global effects. 10% deposit - No refund More than 24 hours – full refund Less than 24 hours - No refund Please note that cancellation fees are calculated based on the date we receive your cancellation request. Also note: Sale of Gorilla permits is a preserve of the government (Uganda wildlife Authority), hence, fees for these permits are non – refundable. Thank you, have an ultimate fascinating experience.
- PRIVACY: We understand and respect the value and importance of your privacy. Be assured therefore that protection of privacy is given the highest priority. All personal information that you avail to us is strictly used for purposes of Safari tour booking. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about the guest. However, cognizant of the rampant cases of hacking into data on the internet, it becomes a bit tricky to guarantee 100% security to data shared through online sources. We therefore will not be held culpable if the breach or hacking into your personal information is by international unauthorized individuals.
- GENERAL SAFETY TIPS: We prioritize safety of our tours; however, travels are susceptible to risks. So, it is important to be prepared and approach all arrangements with utmost caution. It’s advisable to do some research about your destination to equip yourself with some tips to ensure safety. Register your trip and also avail a copy of your emergency contact details to your government travel advisory service (or diplomatic mission) in a country that you are visiting so that they can contact you in case of emergency. This process can be done online and it is also advisable to get contacts of the American Embassy in Uganda, your final destination. Depending on the itinerary you have booked, some activities may carry greater risks or personal injury, we therefore advise that you take great care and strictly adhere to the established pre-cautions before participating. These activities include white water rafting, canoe and boat rides, Gorilla trekking and Chimpanzee tracking, mountaineering, bungee jumping, culture walk or community visit and game drive. For safety, the following must also be accorded due consideration; SAFAETY TIPS - Avoid expensive jewellery. -Hide your cash and Monitor your ATM/ Credit card transactions - Avoid all demonstrations and protests given their potential to turn violent. - Monitor the media for information about any possible security risks and pay close attention to your personal security. - Carry a copy of your passport and avoid hanging alone without the advice of the tour guide. And avoid Voluntary helpers who are not among your group and be worry of any assistance from seemingly helpful strangers however polite or well dressed. In order to safeguard your items and report any lost or blocked bank card to your Bank.
- AGE LIMIT: Some of our tours have strict age limit. Children 13 years and below are not allowed to visit the gorillas or participate in certain activities like canoeing and, for adults above 65 years of age, a medical report may be required.
- CASH AT HAND: It is crucial to note that in many countries, some local Forex bureaus place much emphasis on quality of the dollar and other foreign currency notes frequently used by most visitors. It is our humble view therefore that you carry new and undamaged bills / notes especially in the dominations of $50 and $100 bills. Major credit cards like Visa and Master card are acceptable in towns.
- PAYMENTS: A deposit of 10% is required to confirm the tour. The remaining balance will be due and charged 45 days before departure. Prices however may be subjected to changes until a full payment is received.