13 Days Trip Essential Uganda
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi impenetrable
- Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale national park
- Game and Scenery viewing
- Culture Tour in various communities around the parks
- Game drives in the national parks
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick you from the airport (Entebbe international airport) and then transfer you to your accommodation then pick you from your accommodation to the tourism destination and after drop you off at either your accommodation or airport if your flight is due.
- Easy CancellationThere is full refund for Customers who who cancel at least 45 days prior to the day of the activity or tour, 50% refund for Customers who who cancel below 45 days prior to the day of the activity or tour. NOTE: Gorilla permit fee of $600 is non-refundable because its a regulation from the government and so kent safaris has no control over it.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Airport transfers
- Gorilla permits and all Park fees
- Meals per itinerary
- English speaking guides /Drivers
- 4WD Safari Vehicle
- Emergency Evacuation (AMREF)
- Visa fees
- International flights
- Travel Insurance
- Cigarettes and Alcohol
On arrival at Entebbe Airport, you will be met by a Kent Safari delegate to relocate you to your hotel for a trip concise and if time permits take a boat cruise to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, and home to over 40 orphaned Chimpanzees. This is dependable because it also supports the endangered wild chimpanzees throughout Uganda. You can also seek out the wildlife education center in Entebbe and Entebbe Botanical gardens. Entebbe town is very factual in Uganda and the Buganda monarch if time permits
Begin the panoramic drive northwest through the famous Luwero triangle and travel to Masindi via Rhino project. Field trip to the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhino trekking is a must. After lunch drive to Murchison falls.
Sunrise game drives in the park to behold blooming of animals, birds and the Magnificent Scenery. Adventure the vast grasslands in the northern area of the park where you shall be susceptible to a scope and diversity of game glancing and viewing which include Buffaloes, Lions, Uganda Kob, Giraffes, Jackson’s Hartebeest, Oribi, Hyenas, Leopards, Baboons, Patas Monkeys and many more. Birds are in profusion with the beautiful Carmine Bee-eater and Abyssinian Ground Hornbill being conspicuous throughout the game drive. In the afternoon after lunch revamp to Kibale National Park along the way enjoy the blooming scenery and further game viewing as you head south through the game park.
After early breakfast report at Kanyanchu visitor center where tour activities begin and set out to track Chimpanzee in the forest. Kibale national park is one of the blooming and stunning forest parks in Uganda. It is home the endangered chimpanzee, the threatened Red Colobus monkey and the rare monkey. The forest also elevates to be having one of the highest distinct and consistency of Primates in Africa totaling 13 species including the black and white Columbus blue monkeys, grey checked mangabey, red tailed monkey and bush babies and pottos. After wards, visit Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary where you will take a guided tour around swamp which will provide you with the favorable circumstances to see a wide range of flora and fauna. Glimpse a variety of butterflies, birds and other insects. Have a tour of the crater region around Ndali lodge. You may also stop over at any tea plantation along the road if you covet, have an evening tour of the crater region on a clear day you will be able to have a glimpse of the snow cap on the Rwenzori.
After breakfast, a drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park viewing the mystical Rwenzori Mountain range for much of the journey. Check in at your accommodation facility as you wait for your lunch. After lunch take on afternoon boat cruise along Kazinga channel adjoining Lake Edward and George. The cruise is a wonderful way to see teeming hippos, buffalos, kobs and the occasional Nile crocodile (which up until recently did not inhabit this area) and a spectacular bird watching on the Water bank. Many who experience the boat cruise consider it the highlight of their entire African Safari.
Sunrise with your packed lunch take on a morning field trip to catch up with the early risers and predators. Returning to the hide outs you will most likely meet grazing hippos, elephants, lions, spotted hyenas, bush buck, water buck, stripped jackal, comical warthogs, and the elusive leopards. Proceed to Maramagambo forest, many incredulities await you here for example pythons are often glanced in the bat cave floor using the bats as source of food. The cave is near a formerly blue like and hunter's cave. You may also see forest birds such as bat hawks, brown eared woodpecker and other primates.
With prior day memories proceed to Isasha drive along the deep and wide dry craters that are occupied by savanna grasses and Acacia. The drive takes you through the unique western rift valley escarpment and the southern part of Queen Elizabeth National Park. Isasha sector where you will take on yet another game drive in search of tree climbing lions in the afternoon and evening.
Early morning guided bush walk for a closer interaction with nature. The mid-morning will be spent on a game drive for the tree climbing lion thereafter proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The journey takes 2 hours but driving through interesting features. Arrive at Bwindi Impenetrable National park in the evening. In this park apart from Gorillas there are a wide variety of primates to see including the blue and red- tailed monkeys, the forest itself is lush and green and there are streams running through it.
After breakfast we begin our trek into the forest. The thrill of your encounter will erase the difficulties of the potentially strenuous trek, bring jungle boots and rain jackets because the park is often wet, we spend time watching gorillas go about their activities. Each gorilla safari encounter is different and has its own rewards but you are likely to enjoy the close view of adults feeding, grooming and resting as the youngster’s frolic and swing from vines in a delightfully playful display. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is a magnificent green swathe of dense rain forest so ancient that survived the last ice age. A recently proclaimed world heritage site stated it’s one of the most biologically diverse areas on earth and its unique precious flora sustains roughly half of the world population substantial chimpanzee population and research shows that Bwindi is the only forest in Africa in which these two apes live together. Time permitting you will spend the afternoon on a community foot safari to explore the life style of the people living and surrounding the park. Return to camp exhilarated to relieve the encounter with friends over a drink.
Begin a day with an early breakfast ready for Batwa Cultural Experience, where the Batwa demonstrate hunting techniques. Honey harvesting and point out medicinal plants. The Batwa women of the community perform a sorrowful songs and leaves guests with a morning sense of humor and the riches of this fading culture.
After breakfast drive to Lake Mburo National park for an evening game drive. The park is situated along the Kampala western highway and renowned for zebra, impalas, buffaloes, hippos, topi and elands including the rare shoebill crested crane, pelicans, fish eagle, heron and many water birds.
After breakfast, you will go for a morning bush walk around the Park. Lake Mburo National park is a very special place and every part of it is alive with variety interest and color. It contains an extensive wetland where you are likely to see elands, Impalas, waterbucks, warthogs and zebras.
Depending on your flight time you will be transferred to the Airport for your flight back home or stay in Kampala.
- TRAVEL HEALTH ADVICE Stay healthy while you travel Staying healthy while you travel is vital it isn't all about vaccinations and medicine. Most problems you could face are easily preventable. Drinking bottled, boiled or treated water, washing your hands properly before eating and carefully avoiding insect bites could save your life, money and Time. Yellow fever vaccination /Covid-19 Please remember to get your yellow fever /Covid-19 Vaccination as it is a crucial requirement especially if you are travelling to Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda and global Covid-19 Please be sure to visit the Centres for Disease Control at http://www.cdc.gov/travel. Or check with a physician for more information.
- YOU HAVE BOOKED YOUR DREAM SAFARI TOUR AND NOW IT’S TIME TO PREPARE FOR YOUR TRIP. HERE IS A CHECKLIST OF THINGS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER BEFORE YOU LEAVE. • Pay telephone service provider accounts and bills before you go, so they will not be disconnected while you are away. • Call your credit card companies to advise dates and places to which you will be traveling • Put a hold on newspaper and magazine deliveries. • Ensure arrangements for your pets are in place. • Remove perishable food items from your fridge. • Turn off any pre-set alarm clocks and electrical appliances at the switch. • If you are taking your cell phone on tour, contact your service provider to ensure international roam is on. • Inform neighbours and neighbourhood watch groups of your trip dates. • Make sure your family member or close friends have copies of your travel itinerary; in case they need to contact you. Or emergency purposes • Alert us if you have any special f food consideration – vegetarian • Some airlines will allow you to check-in online and select your seats before you travel. You can also register online to receive an email or cell text message if your flight is going to be delayed. • Forward your mail or arrange to have it collected or ask the post office to hold it.
- TRIP INFORMATION: Our Tour director is committed to executing the tour activities as detailed in the itinerary provided. We only request our clients to be understanding, remain calm and flexible on a few isolated occasions where local events may inconvenience the activities on the itinerary. Our clients should also note that the first day of the trip is simply for the drive or flight to the destination as shown on the itinerary and has a few activities planned. We advise that you be conversant with our representative who will take you through the pre-departure briefings. NOTE: Entebbe international airport is your gateway to and from Uganda. To avoid inconveniences that are occasioned by rushing at the time of departure, we advise that you book international flights departing from Entebbe after 8pm. We will need you to furnish us with the following information: - Airline - Flight number - Arrival and departure date - Flight times /Flight Changes
- VISA AND CONSULAR ADVICE: Each individual traveller is responsible for obtaining the required visa, as visa requirements vary per country. For visa information, we advise our clients to consult the US State Department and local Embassies for non-US citizens. NOTE: 1. A visa can be obtained at Entebbe international airport on arrival at a fee $50 per person. 2. Visas for all other East African Countries can be obtained, on arrival, at the international airport or at boarder points.
- ITINERARY, TRAVEL INSURANCE AND PASSPORT COPIES: Leave a copy of your itinerary, travel insurance and passport to a family member, for reference purposes, in case of an emergency. Travel insurance is also compulsory on all trips.
- PAYMENTS: A deposit of 10% is required to confirm the tour. The remaining balance will be due and charged 45 days before departure. Prices however may be subjected to changes until a full payment is received.
- AGE LIMIT: Some of our tours have strict age limit. Children 13 years and below are not allowed to visit the gorillas or participate in certain activities like canoeing and, for adults above 65 years of age, a medical report may be required.
- CANCELLATION AND REFUND: Customers will receive a full refund, minus the cost of gorilla permits of $600 which is a policy from the regulator the government of Uganda, it is non-refundable. However, for other tour itineraries provided the cancellation is done with in 24hours from the time of the tour, it shall be received and rescheduling planned accordingly. Otherwise beyond the above factors the customers will receive a full refund in case of natural disasters or global effects. 10% deposit - No refund More than 24 hours – full refund Less than 24 hours - No refund Please note that cancellation fees are calculated based on the date we receive your cancellation request. Also note: Sale of Gorilla permits is a preserve of the government (Uganda wildlife Authority), hence, fees for these permits are non – refundable. Thank you, have an ultimate fascinating experience.
- AMENDMENT FEES: Amendments made on the booking 24 Hours before departure attracts a surcharge of $25 per amendment. more than 24 Hours no amendments fees will be applied. A changed reservation will be confirmed within 24 hours. Flexible Bookings at no costs - Changing booking - Changing departure date - Changing guest name - Removing /Replacing a guest - Changing pick up time or location
- WHAT TO CARRY: • Rain Jacket /coat • Shoes with good traction • Binoculars • Travel plug adapter with USB port • Mask and Antibacterial hand cleaning gel • Good camera with fully charged battery and good memory card storage • First aid kit • Small back park • Sun block hat • Sun glasses • Hiking boots • Mosquito repellent
- CASH AT HAND: It is crucial to note that in many countries, some local Forex bureaus place much emphasis on quality of the dollar and other foreign currency notes frequently used by most visitors. It is our humble view therefore that you carry new and undamaged bills / notes especially in the dominations of $50 and $100 bills. Major credit cards like Visa and Master card are acceptable in towns.
- GENERAL SAFETY TIPS: We prioritize safety of our tours; however, travels are susceptible to risks. So, it is important to be prepared and approach all arrangements with utmost caution. It’s advisable to do some research about your destination to equip yourself with some tips to ensure safety. Register your trip and also avail a copy of your emergency contact details to your government travel advisory service (or diplomatic mission) in a country that you are visiting so that they can contact you in case of emergency. This process can be done online and it is also advisable to get contacts of the American Embassy in Uganda, your final destination. Depending on the itinerary you have booked, some activities may carry greater risks or personal injury, we therefore advise that you take great care and strictly adhere to the established pre-cautions before participating. These activities include white water rafting, canoe and boat rides, Gorilla trekking and Chimpanzee tracking, mountaineering, bungee jumping, culture walk or community visit and game drive. For safety, the following must also be accorded due consideration; SAFAETY TIPS - Avoid expensive jewellery. -Hide your cash and Monitor your ATM/ Credit card transactions - Avoid all demonstrations and protests given their potential to turn violent. - Monitor the media for information about any possible security risks and pay close attention to your personal security. - Carry a copy of your passport and avoid hanging alone without the advice of the tour guide. And avoid Voluntary helpers who are not among your group and be worry of any assistance from seemingly helpful strangers however polite or well dressed. In order to safeguard your items and report any lost or blocked bank card to your Bank.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Accommodation is shared. Travel Insurance is a MUST.
- ACCOMMODATION: Prices for a twin/double shared room are per person, and, rates for single or triple travelers are available on request.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: This tour requires that all traveller should have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and all personal Emergencies, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We therefore recommend Travel Guard, Allianz and Nomads Travel Insurance” for all your insurance necessities
- PRIVACY: We understand and respect the value and importance of your privacy. Be assured therefore that protection of privacy is given the highest priority. All personal information that you avail to us is strictly used for purposes of Safari tour booking. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about the guest. However, cognizant of the rampant cases of hacking into data on the internet, it becomes a bit tricky to guarantee 100% security to data shared through online sources. We therefore will not be held culpable if the breach or hacking into your personal information is by international unauthorized individuals.
- FORCE MAJEURE: It is with regret that our office cannot compensate where an impediment to proper performance of duty is as a result of an event above and beyond our own making, control and anticipation nor is it due to the supplier of the service in question. Such events may include unexpected government quarantines, travel bans, riots, civil strife, natural disaster, terrorist acts, border closure, fire, road closures, industrial disputes, extreme weather conditions and other incidents beyond our control. NOTE: In some unfortunate circumstances, getting a park or Gorilla permit may not be guarantee to seeing wildlife in their habitats as unfavourable local conditions may sometimes hinder access to the wildlife. This can happen without prior notice or it can be at short notice. We therefore accept no liabilities in circumstances where Gorilla or wildlife viewing is due to cancellation by the authorities. Where the loss is due to the absence of Gorillas, closure of boarders, national park or security changes, refunding is at the discretion of the responsible offices. However, we shall use all means necessary to obtain the monies / refunds and pass it on to the client.