11 Days Classic Wildlife Of Uganda Tour
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable national park
- Chimp trekking in kibale national park
- Game drive in all the parks
- Boat cruise at kazinga channel
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 11 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceWe will pick you from the airport (Entebbe international airport) and then transfer you to your accommodation then pick you from your accommodation to the tourism destination and after drop you off at either your accommodation or airport if your flight is due.
- Easy CancellationCANCELLATION AND REFUND: Customers will receive a full refund, less the cost of the non- refundable gorilla permit ($600), with 45 days’ notice of cancellation. Customers will receive a full refund in case of operator’s cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, as indicated below; - 10% deposit - No refund - 30 – 44 days - 55% refund - Less than 30 days - No refund Please note that cancellation fees are calculated based on the date we receive your cancellation request. Also note: Sale of Gorilla permits is a preserve of the government (Uganda wildlife Authority), hence, fees for these permits is non – refundable. Thank you, have an ultimate fascinating experience. Incase of Force Majeure, there is full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- An experienced tour guide / driver
- Accommodation and lodging
- Meals per Itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Gorilla permits
- Park fees
- Bottled water
- 4WD safari vehicle
- Domestic flights
- Travel Insurance
- Visa and customs fees
- Tips or Gratuity
- International flights
- Personal expenses
- Cigarettes and alcohol
Arrive at Entebbe International Airport and right after clearance through the Immigration section, a Kent Safari representative will meet and greet you, then transfer you to the hotel for general briefing on the itinerary. If time Permits on Arrival or Departure, arrangements can be made to Visit Ngamba Island and View the home of Orphaned Chimpanzees kept on the Island, Entebbe Wildlife Education Centre and Kampala City for its amazing tourist attractions.
After an early heavy breakfast, we will leave Kampala for Kabarole through Fort Portal. On our way, we will drive through communities, enabling you to observe their daily life experiences. As we embark on the journey, you will have the opportunity to spot white Columbus monkeys as many of these primates fodder on trees along the road. Fort Portal the town in Kabarole district rests in the shadow of Mt. Rwenzori and is famous for many tea plantations and pine trees. In fort portal, we will also visit the Toro Kingdom’s Karuzika (Palace) to learn about the history and culture of the Batoro (people of the area). From this calm and lovely town of Fort Portal, we will drive to Kibale National Park.
Kibale forest is known for having the greatest variety and highest concentration of primates in Africa. On this day, you will enjoy a guided nature walk in the tropical rainforest in search of wild chimpanzees, white Columbus monkeys, red tailed monkeys and many other species. Later in the day we transfer to Bigodi wetland sanctuary for a walk. Here you will join a guided natural walk through the wetland which is famous for variety of Birds and primates. You will go for a community walk accompanied by our local guides who are well versed with the Traditions and customs or lifestyle of the inhabitants of the area. During this walk, you can follow the village path and visit traditional homesteads, primary schools and churches to experience how the local communities go by their day to day lives. You will also learn and view how the locals till their gardens and how the young ones listen and enjoy stories from the elderly. Both activities are village programs of the inhabitants of Bigodi local community and generate revenue for the local community.
After breakfast we will take a day's guided walk on the foothills of the mountains of the moon (Mt. Rwenzori), take some amazing photos as you enjoy the scenic views and get a glimpse of the local life. Chances are you will meet the locals and visit waterfalls. After this walk we drive towards Queen Elizabeth National Park.
At first light, you will have heavy breakfast and then enjoy an early morning game drive as you head to the ground of the magnificent Ugandan kob – a sub species of the Kob, a type of antelope found in the sub Saharan Africa. This same escapade will as well enable you acquaint yourself with so many amazing facts about animal life from the trained guides. We will then track for herds of elephants, buffalos, lions and other wildlife as we also enjoy the breath-taking green scenery before returning to the lodge for lunch. In the afternoon we will take a boat cruise along Kazinga Channel, a natural channel adjoining Lake Edward and George. Bird lovers should look forward to amazing sights of different bird species, and you will also be able to spot herds of elephants, buffalos and yawning hippos cooling off at the shores of these lakes and also get to enjoy the breathtaking sunset before retiring to your hotel.
There will be an early morning Game drive to the Ishasha sector and later to Bwindi impenetrable Forest National Park. During this short game drive, you can spot the Ishasha tree climbing lions. However, this park is located in the country side so, the traditional homesteads along the way will give you a panoramic view that will require you to take as many pictures so, make sure your camera batteries are charged so that you do not miss out on beautiful sights and photo moments with the community. We arrive at the Bwindi National Park Later in the afternoon, home to the incredible mountain Gorillas.
After breakfast, your tour guide will lead you to experience what many people define as a life changing event. Expect to walk along distance in steep sloppy terrain and muddy conditions sometimes with fog in the rain forest before you encounter any mountain Gorillas. But it will be worthwhile as you observe them closely while they play, eat and rest with their families. Gorillas are found at an altitude between 1160m and 2607m in verdant sloppy vegetation. These wild animals are very entertaining and peaceful and getting up close and personal with these gentle creatures is a unique, unforgettable and emotional experience for many of our visitors. However, seek advice from the tour guides on how best to relate with them to avoid any acts that may tend to spoil your unforgettable interaction with them. Tourism in Uganda is one of the biggest foreign earners, so, a portion of the revenue collected from Tourism goes to protecting and preserving the National Parks such as Bwindi impenetrable National Park, which thus justifies the entrance and tracking fees charged by the Uganda Wildlife Authority / Ministry of Tourism Ministry.
After breakfast, your tour guide will take you on a nature walk to explore the environs of Bwindi National Park and local villages. During this walk, you will also visit the Bwindi local Health centres and Batwa cultural centres. You will be able to learn and experience the way of life of the Batwa people and also visit their commercial centres where you can support their artistry through purchasing souvenirs.
Lake Bunyonyi is the second deepest lake in Africa after Lake Tanganyika. Our guides will drive you to this beautiful Lake through the amazing vegetation & coffee plantation on sloppy rolling hills. Along the way, you will enjoy the beautiful landscape in small villages, banana plantations and coffee plantations. Upon arrival, you will have lunch and extra time to relax and later visit the local villages, the pygmies and other surroundings by boat. You will also visit some of the 29 stunning islands on the lake and learn the different histories about them.
We will take an early morning drive to Lake Mburo National Park. Lake Mburo is the only National Park in Uganda where most of the Safari is experienced on foot and therefore, if time permits, we will enjoy game viewing walks with spectacular views over the plain. Later as the day winds down, you will return to your hotel to catch a glimpse of the breathtaking sunset as you relax and reminisce about the trip.
After the early morning breakfast, we depart from the conserved area where human footprint is strictly controlled. We have a stopover at the Equator for photo moments and purchase of souvenirs. Thereafter, we drive to Entebbe Airport to catch your next flight or stay Kampala, depending on your flight schedule.
- TRAVEL HEALTH ADVICE Stay healthy while you travel Staying healthy while you travel is vital it isn't all about vaccinations and medicine. Most problems you could face are easily preventable. Drinking bottled, boiled or treated water, washing your hands properly before eating and carefully avoiding insect bites could save your life, money and Time. Yellow fever vaccination /Covid-19 Please remember to get your yellow fever /Covid-19 Vaccination as it is a crucial requirement especially if you are travelling to Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda and global Covid-19 Please be sure to visit the Centres for Disease Control at http://www.cdc.gov/travel. Or check with a physician for more information.
- YOU HAVE BOOKED YOUR DREAM SAFARI TOUR AND NOW IT’S TIME TO PREPARE FOR YOUR TRIP. HERE IS A CHECKLIST OF THINGS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER BEFORE YOU LEAVE. • Pay telephone service provider accounts and bills before you go, so they will not be disconnected while you are away. • Call your credit card companies to advise dates and places to which you will be traveling • Put a hold on newspaper and magazine deliveries. • Ensure arrangements for your pets are in place. • Remove perishable food items from your fridge. • Turn off any pre-set alarm clocks and electrical appliances at the switch. • If you are taking your cell phone on tour, contact your service provider to ensure international roam is on. • Inform neighbours and neighbourhood watch groups of your trip dates. • Make sure your family member or close friends have copies of your travel itinerary; in case they need to contact you. Or emergency purposes • Alert us if you have any special f food consideration – vegetarian • Some airlines will allow you to check-in online and select your seats before you travel. You can also register online to receive an email or cell text message if your flight is going to be delayed. • Forward your mail or arrange to have it collected or ask the post office to hold it.
- TRIP INFORMATION: Our Tour director is committed to executing the tour activities as detailed in the itinerary provided. We only request our clients to be understanding, remain calm and flexible on a few isolated occasions where local events may inconvenience the activities on the itinerary. Our clients should also note that the first day of the trip is simply for the drive or flight to the destination as shown on the itinerary and has a few activities planned. We advise that you be conversant with our representative who will take you through the pre-departure briefings. NOTE: Entebbe international airport is your gateway to and from Uganda. To avoid inconveniences that are occasioned by rushing at the time of departure, we advise that you book international flights departing from Entebbe after 8pm. We will need you to furnish us with the following information: - Airline - Flight number - Arrival and departure date - Flight times /Flight Changes
- VISA AND CONSULAR ADVICE: Each individual traveller is responsible for obtaining the required visa, as visa requirements vary per country. For visa information, we advise our clients to consult the US State Department and local Embassies for non-US citizens. NOTE: 1. A visa can be obtained at Entebbe international airport on arrival at a fee $50 per person. 2. Visas for all other East African Countries can be obtained, on arrival, at the international airport or at boarder points.
- ITINERARY, TRAVEL INSURANCE AND PASSPORT COPIES: Leave a copy of your itinerary, travel insurance and passport to a family member, for reference purposes, in case of an emergency. Travel insurance is also compulsory on all trips.
- PAYMENTS: A deposit of 10% is required to confirm the tour. The remaining balance will be due and charged 45 days before departure. Prices however may be subjected to changes until a full payment is received.
- AGE LIMIT: Some of our tours have strict age limit. Children 13 years and below are not allowed to visit the gorillas or participate in certain activities like canoeing and, for adults above 65 years of age, a medical report may be required.
- CANCELLATION AND REFUND: Customers will receive a full refund, minus the cost of gorilla permits of $600 which is a policy from the regulator the government of Uganda, it is non-refundable. However, for other tour itineraries provided the cancellation is done with in 24hours from the time of the tour, it shall be received and rescheduling planned accordingly. Otherwise beyond the above factors the customers will receive a full refund in case of natural disasters or global effects. 10% deposit - No refund More than 24 hours – full refund Less than 24 hours - No refund Please note that cancellation fees are calculated based on the date we receive your cancellation request. Also note: Sale of Gorilla permits is a preserve of the government (Uganda wildlife Authority), hence, fees for these permits are non – refundable. Thank you, have an ultimate fascinating experience.
- AMENDMENT FEES: Amendments made on the booking 24 Hours before departure attracts a surcharge of $25 per amendment. more than 24 Hours no amendments fees will be applied. A changed reservation will be confirmed within 24 hours. Flexible Bookings at no costs - Changing booking - Changing departure date - Changing guest name - Removing /Replacing a guest - Changing pick up time or location
- WHAT TO CARRY: • Rain Jacket /coat • Shoes with good traction • Binoculars • Travel plug adapter with USB port • Mask and Antibacterial hand cleaning gel • Good camera with fully charged battery and good memory card storage • First aid kit • Small back park • Sun block hat • Sun glasses • Hiking boots • Mosquito repellent
- CASH AT HAND: It is crucial to note that in many countries, some local Forex bureaus place much emphasis on quality of the dollar and other foreign currency notes frequently used by most visitors. It is our humble view therefore that you carry new and undamaged bills / notes especially in the dominations of $50 and $100 bills. Major credit cards like Visa and Master card are acceptable in towns.
- GENERAL SAFETY TIPS: We prioritize safety of our tours; however, travels are susceptible to risks. So, it is important to be prepared and approach all arrangements with utmost caution. It’s advisable to do some research about your destination to equip yourself with some tips to ensure safety. Register your trip and also avail a copy of your emergency contact details to your government travel advisory service (or diplomatic mission) in a country that you are visiting so that they can contact you in case of emergency. This process can be done online and it is also advisable to get contacts of the American Embassy in Uganda, your final destination. Depending on the itinerary you have booked, some activities may carry greater risks or personal injury, we therefore advise that you take great care and strictly adhere to the established pre-cautions before participating. These activities include white water rafting, canoe and boat rides, Gorilla trekking and Chimpanzee tracking, mountaineering, bungee jumping, culture walk or community visit and game drive. For safety, the following must also be accorded due consideration; SAFAETY TIPS - Avoid expensive jewellery. -Hide your cash and Monitor your ATM/ Credit card transactions - Avoid all demonstrations and protests given their potential to turn violent. - Monitor the media for information about any possible security risks and pay close attention to your personal security. - Carry a copy of your passport and avoid hanging alone without the advice of the tour guide. And avoid Voluntary helpers who are not among your group and be worry of any assistance from seemingly helpful strangers however polite or well dressed. In order to safeguard your items and report any lost or blocked bank card to your Bank.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Accommodation is shared. Travel Insurance is a MUST.
- ACCOMMODATION: Prices for a twin/double shared room are per person, and, rates for single or triple travelers are available on request.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: This tour requires that all traveller should have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and all personal Emergencies, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We therefore recommend Travel Guard, Allianz and Nomads Travel Insurance” for all your insurance necessities
- PRIVACY: We understand and respect the value and importance of your privacy. Be assured therefore that protection of privacy is given the highest priority. All personal information that you avail to us is strictly used for purposes of Safari tour booking. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about the guest. However, cognizant of the rampant cases of hacking into data on the internet, it becomes a bit tricky to guarantee 100% security to data shared through online sources. We therefore will not be held culpable if the breach or hacking into your personal information is by international unauthorized individuals.
- FORCE MAJEURE: It is with regret that our office cannot compensate where an impediment to proper performance of duty is as a result of an event above and beyond our own making, control and anticipation nor is it due to the supplier of the service in question. Such events may include unexpected government quarantines, travel bans, riots, civil strife, natural disaster, terrorist acts, border closure, fire, road closures, industrial disputes, extreme weather conditions and other incidents beyond our control. NOTE: In some unfortunate circumstances, getting a park or Gorilla permit may not be guarantee to seeing wildlife in their habitats as unfavourable local conditions may sometimes hinder access to the wildlife. This can happen without prior notice or it can be at short notice. We therefore accept no liabilities in circumstances where Gorilla or wildlife viewing is due to cancellation by the authorities. Where the loss is due to the absence of Gorillas, closure of boarders, national park or security changes, refunding is at the discretion of the responsible offices. However, we shall use all means necessary to obtain the monies / refunds and pass it on to the client.