Zanzibar Three in One Excursion
In the morning after breakfast, follow the trail of sultans, slaves and explorers through the winding streets of Stone Town on our 3-hour guided city tour. Your guide will tell you about the events that shaped Zanzibar and show you where they occurred.
Roam through Zanzibar's spice plantations led by a professional guide. Zanzibar is known as the Spice Island; famous for its cloves, vanilla, nutmeg, and cardamom. Learn about the impact of the island in the colonial world, and how the spices are grown today.
Visit the white sandy beaches and spectacular coral reefs of Prison Island on this day trip from Stone Town, Zanzibar. Take a short boat ride to the island and spend your day snorkelling alongside tropical fish, hiking, and relaxing in the sun. After Prison Island trip in the evening, return back to your hotel.
Did you know that Stone Town, the capital of Zanzibar is a UNESCO World Heritage Site? This means that you cannot miss out on the opportunity of going on this exciting tour that will take you through the narrow alleyways of this old city. Stone Town boasts more than 2000 thousand buildings which are all made of limestone, embodying a huge African, Arab, Indian and colonial influence.
Zanzibar, as well as Stone Town, is truly cosmopolitan and this tour will take you to the Anglican Church (former slave market), the House of Wonders (national museum), the Africa House (former British Club), the Old Fort, the Old Dispensary; the Tip Tip House and the Freddie Mercury House.
During the tour, you will surely experience the cultural crossroads of Stone Town by walking through the streets of the old town, smelling the aromas in the bazaar filled with cafés, and the sights of the beautiful ‘Doors’ of Zanzibar. You too will bear witness that it is a place worthy of the world heritage title.
Back in the 1850s, Prison Island was used by a slave merchant as a stopover before taking slaves into Stone Town for sale. In the late 19th century, the Sultan decided to build a jailhouse on the island, hence the name Prison Island. The prison was never used and later on, the island served as a place for quarantine. A hotel has been developed on the island but the biggest attraction remains the giant tortoises that were brought from the Seychelles in early 1900. A half hour trip by boat and a tour that takes you to see these reptiles and the ruins of the prison is an ideal getaway from bustling Stone Town. You can also enjoy beautiful snorkelling here.
For thousands of years, spices played a major role in the Indian Ocean and world trade. There was a time, between the seventh and 14th century when they were as valuable as gold and even served as gifts to emperors. Therefore, in Zanzibar, the role of spices could not be any less prominent.
The Sultan of Oman seeing the enormous potential of spice trade encouraged the plantation of spices and cloves in particular to such an extent that Zanzibar produced 80% of the world’s cloves supply in the 1850’s. Today Zanzibar continues to produce spices, although industries like tourism now account for almost 30% of the island’s GDP - far more than spices. Spices may no longer play a prominent role economically but culturally Zanzibaris use spices and herbs every day for seasoning, medicine and traditional rituals.
While on the Spice Tour in Kizimbani, where all the spices are grown, get your nose ready to experience the exotic smell of spices like cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, pepper, nutmeg, curry leaves and ginger. The most amazing part of the spice tour is that you get the chance to see the spices in their most natural form, how they are grown and harvested.
This full-day tour starts at 09:00 morning and ends at 18:00.
- Go for a hike on one of the island's great trails
- Snorkel in the crystal clear waters and stay on the lookout for colorful tropical fish
- Relax in the sun on the island's pristine sandy beaches
- Discover secluded and beautiful Prison Island, just a short trip from Stone Town
- Taste seasonal spices and fruits at a spice farm
- Enjoy an informative and action-packed day as you discover Zanzibar’s history, culture, and traditions
- Explore the sights in Stone Town including the Slave Market and Darajani Market
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Italian
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- A local tour guide who speaks German and Italian is available on request
- Live GuideEnglish, French
- Pick-up serviceTransfer from & to the hotel with professional guide/driver
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Entrance fees to museums, parks, and spice farms
- Bottle of mineral water for each guest
- Knowledgeable and professional local tour guide
- Lunch at Luckman Restaurant (excluding drinks)
- Security, flying doctor service and first aid
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Stone Town
- Transfers from beach hotels (additional cost of $45 per 6 seater vehicle one way)
- Tips and other personal expenses
- Soft drinks, beer and wine
- Please note there are many options for three in one excursions, we may also recommend to do Stone town, Jozani and Prison Island
- Wear comfortable footwear
- Remember your suncream
- The Three in One excursions( City, Spice & Prison Island ) is accessible even during low season (provision of umbrellas)
- We also recommend Stone Town, Dolphin and Jozani