Dolphins & Jozani Forest in Zanzibar
Your adventure starts from the fishermen village of Kizimkazi and you will see a foresight of fishermen at the shore while you are on the motorboat going to view, snorkel and spot some dolphins. The adventure will then continue at the entrance of the exotic native green forest and dive in the middle of the heart of the wild. The Jozani forest reserve lies between Chwaka bay and Uzi bay and it is the only remaining natural forest of Unguja and represents a very important refuge for the fauna of the island.
Once the whole of the Island was covered in a rich tapestry of swamp forest, evergreen thicket and mangrove now all that remains is Jozani Forest. Despite this fact, Jozani still boasts an eclectic bio-diversity, with many strange and wonderful animals residing in and below the canopy of old giants.
Red Columbus monkeys are the symbol fantastic of Zanzibar, the most famous inhabitants of the forest; a sub-species only found on this island, they can be seen calmly lazing around or fooling among themselves in the branches, their red coats a reminder of British colonial rule. But keep your eyes open and you may be lucky enough to see Sunnis (small deer), chameleons.
Visit the school and the discovery of the small local village that dedicate the works of coconuts, the real lives of these populations, how the native enjoys their lives on the sun.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Popular choice with kids
- Insight into local Village Life
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Zanzibar.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 10 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional Historian Guide
- Menai bay conservation fees
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Pickup is 30 - 60 minutes prior to the booked tour start time