Zanzibar Private Cultural Tour
The best way to learn about a country is through meeting its people, observing its nature, eating its food and seeing its men at work. On this full day of activities, you will get to see and experience the culture of the island of Zanzibar in its entirety.
The day begins with pick up from your hotel at 09.00 and then going to the famous village of Mchangani to observe the pace of life in rural Zanzibar. Within the village is a typical scene of women chatting in amusement around the village well, all dressed in their colourful ‘Kangas’, a two-piece traditional Tanzanian fabric; the men head out to farm or climb the nearby coconut trees; or can be found weaving the tree leaves that are used to thatch roofs or make baskets. By the seashore villages, men can be seen repairing their boats or fishing nets and women normally dry seaweed.
The tour will then proceed to the next village of Kidimni where the famous Zanzibar doors are masterly crafted. The Kidimni men exhibit their vast skills and real craftsmanship with the different styles of doors that range from Arab, Indian, and Swahili design influences.
From Kidimni, the tour will take you to Mkokotoni to see one of the oldest port and fish market of the island after which you will be driven through stunning landscapes heading to the northern tip of Nungwi, a fisherman’s village.
This fisherman’s village has seen huge tourism development but still keeps its identity and is home to the biggest dhow factory in Zanzibar.
Just walking distance from here you will get the opportunity to see the giant turtles in a natural aquarium and watch the sunset, before you return to your hotel.
- You will taste the local specialties during your tour
- The best beaches are found in North Coast Zanzibar, therefore you will walk on the sandy beaches
- The turtle aquarium is also at your disposal
- The Marahubi and Mvuleni is step number one to start the tour
- Swim in the beautiful turquoise sea
- You will have a chance to see the traditional fishing village and its inclusions
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, French
- Pick-up servicePick up from your Hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Local Lunch
- Taste the local specialties
- Swimming in the beautiful turquoise sea
- Walk on the sandy beaches
- The turtle aquarium
- The traditional fishing village
- The Marahubi and Mvuleni
- Soft drink, Beer, wine
- Wear nice trousers when visiting villagers
- Descent dress during the tour is most appreciated
- Come with money for shopping
- Wear comfortable footwear for walking