Caving in Granada: Nivar Cave
Explore the stunning, cavernous underworld that exists just outside Granada, with a guided caving experience that's fun and safe, regardless of skill level.
Rappel about 20 meters beneath the surface and immerse yourself in an ethereal environment that few get to see.
This is the perfect cave to enter the world of speleology, set in the municipality of Nivar, between the ancient provinces of the Spanish Civil War, and overlooking the marsh Cubillas and the Parapanda, Elvira and the Sierra Nevada mountains.
After a convenient pick-up from the Granada city centre, take a relaxing drive to the quaint municipality of Nivar.
Meet your guide and get familiar with your equipment.
There's no need for previous caving experience or technical knowledge - your experienced guide helps you learn everything you need to know along the way.
Spend some time walking over rocky terrain to the entrance of the Nivar Cave, where you begin a route that includes rappelling, sliding, and navigating a few narrow passageways.
Go at your own pace and benefit from watchful guidance throughout the trek, negotiating every turn with care.
Marvel at views of stalactites, stalagmites, and jagged rock formations along the way - this underground realm never ceases to amaze. Reach the end of the cave and stop to relax. Your day ends with a relaxing tea or coffee with muffins and snacks, then ride back to the city center.
- Instructions on how to abseil and progress in a narrow cave
- Smart digital photo album capturing your amazing experience
- Stunning natural setting of dark, ethereal Granadan caves
- Opportunity to rappel down among stalactites and stalagmites
- Chance to explore the amazing underworld outside Granada
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, Spanish
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Round-trip transportation from central Granada and Nivar via air-conditioned coach
- Digital photo album
- Snacks, tea, coffee, muffins
- Harness, ropes, helmet, headlamp, and security material
- Guided caving experience in Nivar
- Gratuities / Tips
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain
- Children 9 and younger are not allowed
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place