Shakaland and Zulu Culture Tour From Durban
This popular tour is dedicated to the culture and customs of the Zulu people.
The tour’s first stop is the King Shaka Memorial where you will hear a short presentation about King Shaka Zulu.
Next, you will visit the main attraction; Shakaland Zulu Cultural Village. The Kings Royal Homestead was built for the movie Shaka Zulu in the 1980’. It is a lifestyle replica of Shaka’s Royal Homestead and which now serves as a living museum for tourists and schools.
The two-hour guided tour gives visitors an insight into Zulu culture before colonisation and modernisation.
This includes an opportunity to taste authentic Zulu beer and culminates with a show of spectacular Zulu dancing.
We then travel to Dlinza Forest for a scenic walk along the high raised boardwalks which make their way through the beautiful reserve. The reserve is home to small duiker, monkeys and a wide variety of birdlife.
- Admire the many species of birds
- Explore the Dlinza Forest by the pathways up above
- Visit King Shakas memorial site and the Shakaland
- Check out the forest, you might even get to see some monkeys
- Watch the spectacular show the Zulu people dancing
- Enjoy an authentic Zulu beer
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 9 to 10 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick-up drop-off from your hotel in Durban
- Disability ServicesOur cars accommodate people with disabilities
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Bring your own lunch
- Be sure to bring sunglasses, hat and suncream