Exciting Anglo Zulu Battlefield Tour in Durban
This exciting battlefield tour takes you into the north of KwaZulu-Natal where you will visit the most famous sites of the battlefields. Here you will get the opportunity to visit museums, memorials and fields dedicated to the Anglo Zulu wars.
First stop will be the Isandlwana battlefield and museum. You will learn the history of the battles between the British Empire and the Zulu Kingdom. They fought with more than 20,000 warriors against the leading British troops.
The Zulus were armed mainly with iron spears, and cowhide shields were the British forces had rifles muskets, despite there huge disadvantage regarding weapons the Zulu people ultimately defeated the poorly led British.
The tour progresses to the Battle of Rorke's Drift. This area is also known as the Defence of Rorke's Drift; here there was another battle in the Anglo-Zulu war. The last stop of the day will be at the Fugitives Drift before we make the journey back to Durban.
- Our professional guide will tell the stories from these times
- Visit the Isandlwana museum and battlefield
- See the fascinating Rorker's drift an epic battle spot
- Watch history come to life in front of your eyes
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour:
- Duration: 10 to 14 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up serviceHotel pick up and drop off from Hotels in central Durban
- Disability ServicesOur cars accommodate people with disabilities
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pick up & drop off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch and drinks
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking
- There is an additional charge for a tour guide who specialises in a battlefield history