Pretoria, Soweto & Apartheid Museum Day Tour from Johannesburg
On this historical day tour, be prepared to learn about the past and how it shaped the current dynamic of South Africa which Archbishop Desmond Tutu coined the ‘Rainbow Nation’.
From Johannesburg, we will make the short 30km trip to Pretoria where our first stop is the Voortrekker Museum. It is here where you will get to know the history of the Afrikana people of South Africa and why the monument was built in the way it is.
From here you will be taken through the beautiful town of Pretoria, also known as Tswane, to the Union Building which houses the president of South Africa. Enjoy the splendid views of the city as you find that perfect place to take photos.
We will now continue to Soweto Town where you will learn about the 1976 Youth Uprising by visiting the famous Hector Peterson Museum. You will also visit the house of the South African Apartheid hero Nelson Mandela in Vilakazi Street.
Next, we will continue to the Apartheid Museum to discover what actually transpired during those apartheid days before concluding your tour by passing through Johannesburg City before going back to your hotel.
- Visit the Voortrekker Monument in Soweto
- Visit the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg
- Enjoy the beautiful town of Pretoria
- Visit Nelson Mandela’s house in Vilakazi Street
- Visit the famous Hector Peterson Museum
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceProvide Hotel Address for Pick up
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Bottled Water
- Local Guide
- Entrance Fees
- Pick up and Drop off
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Gratuities / Tips (optional)
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Make sure you bring your camera