The Danube Delta & Black Sea 2 Day Tour
This tour is the ideal way to explore the second largest and best preserved of Europe's deltas - the Danube Delta that is part of the UNESCO World Heritage sites and to discover Constanta, the charming city by the Black Sea.
The Danube Delta is comprised of an intricate network of waterways and lakes divided between the three main estuary channels of the Danube. This amazing area of floating reed islands, forests, pastures and sand dunes covers 3,000 square miles and is home to a fascinating mix of cultures and people and wildlife. The Delta is best explored by boat for the amazing opportunity to admire one of the largest biodiversities in the world, it is a wildlife enthusiast`s paradise offering the chance to spot more than 300 species of birds and other animals.
You will also have the opportunity to discover Constanta, the city by the Black Sea with a history going back to the 6th century B.C. when Greek colonists founded the ancient city of Tomis. The tour includes 1 traditional fisherman lunch and a 1-night stay in the Danube Delta region.
Available May to October 2019
- Explore the best preserved of Europe`s deltas - Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve has the third largest biodiversity in the world
- Enjoy a traditional fisherman lunch
- Birdwatching - the Danube Delta offers the opportunity to spot more than 300 species of birds
- Constanta Old Town: The Casino, The Orthodox Cathedral, The Grand Mosque, The Archaeological Museum
- Mamaia Sea Resort - also known as the Romanian Ibiza
- Free time on the lovely beach of Mamaia
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Available May to October 2019
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- 1-night accommodation in 4* hotel in Danube Delta Region
- Breakfast & one traditional lunch
- Entrance fees for all the sights mentioned in the program
- Professional tour guide
- Boat Trip in Danube Delta Region
- Pick-up and Drop-off for Bucharest Hotels & Hostels
- Round-trip transportation
- Lunch & Dinner
- Photography & Video fees
- Phone calls and other personal expenses
- Any expense of personal nature not mentioned above
We will take you from Bucharest to Constanta, the charming city by the Black Sea where you will admire the most beautiful sights in the Old Town: the Orthodox Cathedral, the Grand Mosque (Carol I Mosque) and also the Archaeological Museum displaying the region's rich history going back to the 6th century B.C.
From the Old Town, we will walk to the seafront quay dominated by the impressive Constanta Casino, a stunning piece of Art Nouveau architecture inaugurated in 1910 and once a vibrant part of the city. Next, we will take you to Constanta`s main resort, Mamaia, to enjoy the lovely beach and have lunch.
From Mamaia, you will travel to the Danube Delta where you will spend the night.
After breakfast in the hotel, it's time to explore the best preserved of Europe's deltas by boat. This amazing area, part of UNESCO World Heritage, consists of floating reed islands, forests, pastures and sand dunes that cover 3,000 square miles and is home to a fascinating mix of cultures, people and wildlife.
The area is a paradise for wildlife enthusiasts offering the chance to spot more than 300 species of birds and other animals. After this amazing experience, you will travel back to Bucharest with great photos and unique memories.
- The company is not responsible foe delays caused by traffic or any other external conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable and suitable footwear.