3-Day Tour to the Black Sea and Danube Delta
This trip is concentrated on one of the most mysterious and least-explored areas in southeastern Europe - Dobruja. It is perfect for those who want to escape from the hectic city to let the mind and body rest around stunning nature views in the places founded thousands of years ago with still preserved serene charm.
Firstly, you will be taken to Balchik, a resort area, which perfectly blends rich historical heritage, beauty and tranquillity. Queen Maria’s Castle in Balchik is a place coming straight out of fairy-tale, erected on the queen’s order as her summer residence and eventually one of her favourite spots. Next, to the castle, there’s a restaurant where the queen dined, open for tourists today and a botanical garden.
Next stop is at Constanta - a city by the Black Sea with a history going back to the 6th century B.C. when the Greek colonists founded it, nowadays, it is one of the main cultural and economic centres in Romania. Leaving Constanta behind, you will arrive in Tulcea - a city just next to the Danube Delta. Danube Delta is comprised of a complex network of waterways and lakes divided between the three main estuary channels of the Danube.
This amazing area of floating reed islands, forests, pastures, and sand dunes covers 3,000 square miles and is home to a fascinating mix of cultures, people and wildlife. The Delta is best explored by boat for the amazing opportunity to admire one of the largest bio-diversities in the world, it is a wildlife enthusiast`s paradise offering the chance to spot more than 300 species of birds and other animals.
- Discover Queen Maria’s Castle in Balchik, a place coming right out of fairy-tales
- Leisure time in Balchik
- Constanta Old City - The Casino, The Orthodox Cathedral, The Grand Mosque, The Archaeological Museum
- Free time at Mamaia Sea Resort - the most vibrant and animated in Romania
- Explore the best preserved of Europe`s deltas – The Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve, which has the third largest biodiversity in the world
- Enjoy a traditional fisherman lunch
- Birdwatching - the Danube Delta offers an opportunity to spot more than 300 species of birds
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available May to September 2019
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- On Request
- 2 nights accommodation in 4* hotels in Balchik and in Danube Delta Region
- 1 traditional lunch
- Entrance tickets to all the sights mentioned in the program
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Boat trip on the Danube Delta
- Pick-updrop-off for Bucharest Downtown Hotels & Hostels
- Transportation by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch & Dinner
- Photography & Video fees
- Phone calls and other personal expenses
We shall start from Bucharest to Balchik, covering a distance of approximately 300 km. This small, but full of history, legends and breathtaking landscapes town, guarantees a perfect city break. Upon the arrival, we will head to the Queen Maria’s of Romania Castle, one of the main attractions in the area, built on the queen’s order and representing her summer residence, as well as her favourite spot.
The castle is a mixture of few architectural styles impresses with its modesty and splendid taste at the same time. It still preserves some of the original objects, including the queen’s belongings. From the balcony, one can admire a panoramic view of the sea and the town.
The castle is also known as the ‘quiet nest’’, having a garden that copies the famous Cretan labyrinth, and looks like a piece of heaven on earth. It showcases over 3000 species of plants, including many exotic types like Europe’s second most important collection of large-sized cactuses.
After the visit, you can enjoy the leisure time for the rest of the day and explore on your own the beautiful town of Balchik.
The second day, we shall leave from Balchik to Constanta. Constanta, the charming city by the Black Sea, is one of the oldest cities in Romania as well as one of the most important nowadays.
You will discover the most memorable sites in the Old City: the Orthodox Cathedral, the Grand Mosque and the Archaeological Museum displaying the region's rich history going back to the 6th century B.C. From the Old City, we will walk to the seafront quay dominated by the impressive Constanta Casino, an imposing piece of Art Nouveau architecture inaugurated in 1910 and the main symbol of the city.
Following the visit of Constanta city, we shall head for Tulcea, where we are to discover the Danube Delta.
After breakfast at the hotel, you will explore the best preserved of Europe's deltas by boat. This amazing area, part of UNESCO World Heritage, consists of floating reed islands, forests, pastures and sand dunes that cover 3,000 square miles and is home to a fascinating mix of cultures, people, and wildlife.
The area is a paradise for wildlife enthusiasts offering the chance to spot more than 300 species of birds and other animals. After this amazing experience, you will travel back to Bucharest with great photos and unique memories.
- This is a Summer Trip, available from May to September
- The company is not responsible for delays caused by traffic or any other external conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable footwear.