Slanic Prahova Salt Mine Day Trip from Bucharest
Slanic Prahova is an all-season spa resort, famous for its curative mineral waters, but its main attraction is the spectacular Salt Mine, one of the biggest in Europe and famous for its healing effects. The temperature is constant all year round at 12 degrees C, humidity at 50%, the air composition is rich in sodium ions, at atmospheric pressure of 18-20 mm Mercury column, higher than that on the surface of the ground; the lack of allergenic agents creates a special micro-climate representing a natural means for treating respiratory affections.
The height of the salt mine hall is of 70 meters and the circuit runs around the enormous pillar supporting the mine. There can be admired the basso-rilievo works depicting some of the most important figures in Romanian history. One can meditate here just like in an enormous cathedral. Inside the Salt Mine, the atmosphere is amazing, you can find a small history museum, a soccer field, and a children's playground.
The place is also used for various sports events (athletic competitions and as a training ground for sports teams), a sanatorium for the elderly and the sick or as a scenery for the film industry.
After visiting the Salt Mine, the tour continues to the Salt Museum, where you can find out about the history of salt exploitation and it's biological importance.
- Go 208m underground to explore the unique Slanic Prahova Salt Mine
- Enjoy the purity of the air, famous for its healing effects
- Visit the Salt Museum
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children under the age of 4 are not permitted on shared tours
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off from selected Bucharest Downtown Hotels & Hostels.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Entrance tickets for the Slanic Salt Mine and the Salt Museum
- Pick-up and drop-off from selected Bucharest Downtown Hotels & Hostels
- Professional tour guide
- Round-trip transportation
- Phone calls and other personal expenses
- Lunch expenses
- In the Salt Mine, there is a constant temperature of 12 degrees, you will need to bring warm clothes
- The company is not responsible for delays caused by traffic or any other external conditions