Jewish Heritage of Bucharest Tour
This tour starting daily in the morning includes the most important sights in the former Jewish Quarter of Bucharest, as the city was home to the biggest and most prosperous Jewish community in Romania. The city’s Jewish heritage can still be admired in what is left of the former Jewish Quarter of Bucharest, the area where Jewish merchants and craftsmen opened their shops and stores beginning with the 1400s when the community started flourishing.
The Jewish Heritage of Bucharest Tour includes impressive attractions and landmarks for those who wish to discover a different side of the city: the History Museum of the Romanian Jews, once The Holy Union Temple built in 1836 as a place of worship and today housing amazing exhibits that display the history of the Jewish community in Romania; The Great Polish Synagogue - major landmark of the Jewish Quarter with a remarkable interior bringing together the style and color of Baroque and Rococo, the Jewish State Theatre the oldest Yiddish-language theatre with uninterrupted activity, the beautiful Choral Temple and Holocaust Monument.
You will get a real feeling of the city’s history and culture in the walking tour of the Historical Center that is also included. Lipscani Street has a charming vibe that’s been kept throughout the ages, the small shops that once belonged to Jewish merchants and craftsmen have been replaced today with local shops and lovely cafes and pubs.
- The History Museum of the Romanian Jews (The Holy Union Temple) – built in 1836 as a place of worship and today housing amazing exhibits that display the history of the Jewish community
- The Great Polish Synagogue - a major landmark of the Jewish Quarter with a remarkable interior bringing together the style and color of Baroque and Rococo
- Jewish State Theatre - the oldest Yiddish-language theatre with uninterrupted activity in the world and it dates back to the last decade of the 19th century
- The Holocaust Monument – a painful reminder of the Holocaust in Romania and the fall of a remarkable community
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children under the age of 4 years old are not permitted on this tour
- Pick-up servicePick-up available for Bucharest selected downtown hotels & hostels.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pick-up and return for Bucharest Downtown Hotels & Hostels
- Entrance fees
- Professional tour guide
- Round-trip transportation
- Photography & Video fees
- Phone calls and other personal expenses
- The company is not responsible for any delays caused by traffic or any other unpredictable conditions
- Pick-up time might be different from the departure one