Half Day Tour of Bucharest
You may be staying in Bucharest but have you taken the time to truly get to know it yet? During this spectacular Bucharest city tour, you will discover some of the most intriguing things to do in Bucharest, experience the culture of the city, and learn about some of its most important moments throughout history.
We will collect you from your accommodation and transport you into the heart of the city for this Bucharest city tour. The first stop will allow you to witness traditional Romanian village life in the Village Museum, one of the biggest and most impressive open-air museums in Europe. Next up you will wander past the Romanian Patriarchal Cathedral, which is the centre of the Romanian Orthodox Church.
You should take a moment to gaze upon Constitution Square, which has an excellent view of the Palace of Parliament – the world’s largest, heaviest, and most expensive administrative building. Please note that the tour includes only outside visit of the building if you wish to visit the inside it can be scheduled over the phone or directly at the Parliament. Stop in Revolution Square, where the end of communist rule was declared in December 1989.
Your short walking tour will take you around the many twists and turns of the historical centre of Bucharest and introduce you to its charm and elegance, as well as some of its major attractions. Keep an eye out for University Square, Romana Square and Victory Square - the main squares of the city. Find out the fascinating history of the Romanian Athenaeum.
Pass by the Arch of Triumph, located in the northern part of Bucharest, built after WWII, it is one of the most notable landmarks of the capital and, next to the Parliament Palace, it can be deemed a symbol of Bucharest. Stop at the House of Free Press - the building strikes by its dimensions it is one of the landmarks of Bucharest reminiscent of the communist regime. Why not come and explore the delights and the rich heritage of Bucharest for yourself.
- Pass by and admire Bucharest’s major tourist attractions
- Stop in the Revolution Square, the place which marked the end of the communist period in Decembre 1989
- Stop in the Constitution Square with a excellent view of The Palace of Parliament - the world’s largest, heaviest and most expensive administrative building
- Learn about the history and culture in a walking tour through the Historical Center of Bucharest
- Visit The Romanian Patriarchal Cathedral - the center of the Romanian Orthodox Church
- Visit Village Museum - one of the largest and most charming open-air museums in Europe
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 to 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Not recommended for children under the age of 4
- A minimum of 2 participants is required to organise the tour
- Pick-up servicePick-up is possible from selected downtown hotels & hostels.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 10 before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Pick-updrop-off for Bucharest Downtown Hotels & Hostels
- Entrance ticket for the Village Museum
- Phone calls and other personal expenses
- The company will not hold responsibility for delays caused by traffic or any other external conditions