Discover the Former Royal Court of Targoviste
You will have an opportunity to visit the Royal Court, which was conceived as a complex of buildings, that served both as an administrative centre of the country and as a dwelling for the ruler, his family, numerous courtiers, and servants.
This was the place where conventions of the council, as well as important trials, were carried out and documents of the chancellery were issued. Guests and foreign travellers, who arrived in Wallachia for a variety of purposes were hosted here too.
The museum complex “Royal Court” includes the following buildings: the Royal Court, the Chindia Tower, the Great Royal Church, the Foundation of Petru Cercel, „Sfânta Vineri” Church, Mrs Bălașa’s House, the Old Chapel Church, the Royal Bathroom and the Gazebo.
You will also visit “Museum of Communism”, the place where Ceausescu and his wife were sentenced and assassinated in 1989. The rooms of the museums have been designed to look like in December 1989.
Visitors have access both to the room where the Ceausescu's were judged and the wall where they were shot.
- Explore the Old Princely Court of Targoviste, one of the most important medieval monuments in Romania
- Visit former military unit of the Targoviste Museum, where the Ceausescu couple had their trial and was sentenced to death
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick-up and drop-off only for selected Bucharest Downtown Hotels & Hostels.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance tickets for the Royal Court and the Museum of Communism
- Professional tour guide
- Round-trip transportation
- Photography & Video fees
- Lunch and other personal expenses
- Pick-up time might be different from the departure one
- The company is not responsible fro delays caused by traffic or any other external conditions